Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 08-31-2009, 12:09 AM   #1
Saire

Saire is on a distinguished road
Archons of Avenshar!

Hello Hello!!!

I come to tell you about a fresh new game! Archons of Avenshar! It is a MUD with a custom client that can be played within your web browser, no download required!! The client is very good. It is easy on the eyes, and has a lot of features already. The client has a very awesome map on the side that shows you where you are in the game. And when I say nice, I mean nice. A LOT of work has been put into it and as soon as you enter the game you will be able to tell that.

Darsh works really hard for us and it shows! Thanks Darsh!!

Aside from the awesome map which is clickable... there is also the option to move around either with the normal directions (n,s,e,w,u,d etc) you can also use your number pad. Commands such as mail, shops, mini games, msg boards, inventory, quest journal, etc have a clickable icon in game that brings up a seperate menu to do whatever you need to for that command. VERY HELPFUL AND AWESOME!!! And that is just the client.

In game this is a very tight game already, and it is just starting! There are 5 races with their own personal attack. They all have their own history/background. Each attack is very fun and unique to the race!

There are currently 3 guilds. All have player run guild masters. All have their own ideals already set up by that guild master. And all of them have very neat skills so far.

There are:
The Iron Sentinels a warrior type
The Temple of the Phoenix a cleric type
And there is a mage guild but I"m not sure what they are officially called.

Hunting in this MUD is somehow VERY addictive. I have never been addicted to hunting in a MUD ever. But somehow Darsh pulled it off. I have been wandering around hunting for hours and I am not bored at all!!

But, I would really love some people to roleplay with. That's the main point of this post actually. I would love to get some people who would like to start roleplaying and making in game micro story lines! That would be amazing. It would add so much dimension to this already amazing MUD. So please if you're interested drop by.

Or if any of this sounds good to you please give it a shot!

In game look for Ravia, or Katia. That's me! See ya there
Saire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
Saire

Re: Archons of Avenshar!

Oh DUH stupid me.

That's where you go to play!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:59 AM   #3
zoskia

zoskia is on a distinguished road

As an experienced mud player, I found the whole flash client thing tedious at best since it does not provide anything of value compared to my mud client. Flash uses more cpu on my laptop (which affects battery life), the font rendering is atrocious and it makes my interaction with the mud slower than it has to be (i want my custom scripts written by me, i want my maps, customizations/highlights/triggers/macros/timers etc something which is not possible using your flash client). This does not only apply to your mud, i see the same issues with fmud. Maybe your thinking was that a flash client will make your mud more approachable/popular but i think that it will alienate most mud veterans that are used to their clients and not attract enough mud newbies to make it worth. Of course this is only my opinion and i hope you do well.
zoskia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:53 PM   #4
Orrin

Name: Matt
Orrin is on a distinguished road

I believe that Archons of Avenshar can only be played using the custom client for the game and as I don't play it I'm not going to comment on that. However, you can't make the same criticisms regarding FMud as any game which uses it can still be played using your preferred client. You are also incorrect to say that you can't use highlights, triggers, macros, timers etc. as FMud has support for all those, as well as a scripting interface using Javascript.
Orrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
Saire

Well I didn't make the client or the game or anything so you're kind of bitching at the wrong person.

But. I'm not a "veteran" mudder, I've been playing for at least 5 years though. I could never figure out scripting so that's no loss to me. Macros are cool but there's an alias thing and all you have to do different is hit enter... wow... one key difference. Triggers are nice too but I don't see a need for them in this game right now anyway. Sooo I happen to like it.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:42 PM   #6
ArchPrime

Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
ArchPrime is on a distinguished road

Saire: Thank you for taking the time to post about AoA, we truly appreciate it. On top of that, we are thrilled that your experience has been an enjoyable one. We certainly hope to attract additional players such as yourself.

Zoskia: Playing AoA is indeed only achievable via the custom client. Alienating veteran MUD players was not our intent in the creation of the client, but alas, it is a consequence we are willing to accept. As always, thank you for your opinion.

-ArchPrime
ArchPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:39 PM   #7
Ide

Ide will become famous soon enoughIde will become famous soon enough

I don't think a Flash client (and particularly AoA's and Fmud's) will alientate all mud veterans, as I've been playing muds for 15+ years and I really like both of those clients. It may be true that mudders used to clients like Zmud and Mushclient will not take to the Flash clients though, as those stand-alone clients are very specialized tools that can take a lot of time to master. Once you've invested that time you get very attached to the client you're using.

However, you could make the inference then that mud newbies, who are not attached to one client or another, won't necessarily like or dislike either one. But what I can say is that I like the Flash clients because they are much more conducive to casual play, and if anything this play style has exploded in popularity in recent years, compared to the relatively hardcore play typical of most muds. So games with these kinds of clients may be able to pull in a broader spectrum of players (of course, if their gameplay is suitable as well).

As far as font rendering I have to say when I first played AoA I loved the font rendering. So I'm not really sure what technical details are the issue there.
Ide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:47 PM   #8
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough

This is the advertising for players section.

I think it is inappropriate to criticize someone's post, or the reasons why they like a specific mud, when the thread is posted here.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 06:35 PM   #9
Homer

Homer is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Archons of Avenshar!

Excellent work on this game. The gameplay is smooth and easily accessible. Highly detailed and very rich from the beginning. This game certainly has lasting potential, even here at this early hour in its progression.

Keep up the great work!
Homer is offline   Reply With Quote