Old 04-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
Evilone

Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: FEM3
Evilone is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Evilone
Another Needs Help with RPI-Engine

Hello all,

I've been interested in getting the RPI Engine up for a long time now. On several occasions it's been done over the past 10 or so years, but I just never took it anywhere. I'd like to give it a shot again, and need some coding help. The project I have plans for is a resurrection of Forever's End Mud... some may remember, it was nearly ten years ago.

The support team at third hosting have been a great help, but its now beyond the service they offer. I just want to get it running... and I can then move to the next step of getting a more full-time coder for the hours of work that needs to be put in to just maintain this dinosaur engine.

The databases are already imported and configured. If anyone is interested in debuging the core dumps under the pp/lib folder. The game will start and you can connect but after about 45 seconds it will crash and cycle.

There is some sort of memory error, and I've no idea, so am reaching out. Private msg me, and we can talk if someone's got some free time to contribute.

This engine was based off Argila, and was worked on by Delerak and a team for a year or so by the looks.

The reason I've wanted to try this version, is Im hoping its been cleaned up more. Though thats just a hope.
Evilone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
Sebguer

Sebguer is on a distinguished road
Re: Another Needs Help with RPI-Engine

If you're willing to get your hands dirty, here's a guide to core debugging:

Sebguer is offline   Reply With Quote