Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 01-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #21
plamzi

Home MUD: bedlam.mudportal.com:9000
Home MUD: www.mudportal.com
plamzi is on a distinguished road
Re: DO NOT PLAY MATERIA MAGICA!

I have no idea what you just said, but I think that whatever it is, you believe it's a sound philosophy to run a game by. Ironically, what you seem to be describing makes me think you run your game less like a country than DB or I do.

Since you mentioned nothing specific about how you run your game, I can only suspect that you're failing to meet your own bizarre standards. So it would be prudent to focus on that rather than comment on how other people run their games.

And no, I don't think that any MUD fails because it's not being run as a country. They fail for much more prosaic reasons, including lack of dedicated staff, or simply that whoever was paying for the shell account disappeared one fine morning without leaving a note. Pretty much a thousand reasons, and the details of the MUD's policy simply ain't one.

And btw, countries fail, too, probably at a higher rate than MUDs. But that's just too confusing for anyone who wants to think in terms of simple false equivalencies.
plamzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #22
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough

Freedom of speech doesn't apply to private property. MUDs are private property. You have the right to say "Goobers!" in the middle of the sidewalk in New York City. No one has the right to prevent you from doing that. But you don't have the "right" to say "Goobers" in a MUD. If the MUD admin allows it, then you are granted the *privilege* of being allowed to say it. In fact, everything you do in a MUD - including accessing it at all - is a privilege granted to you by its admin. You have no "rights" in a MUD. None. You don't have the right to due process, you don't have the right to be safe from predators, you don't have the right to privacy on your computer. You have whatever privileges the MUD admin grants you. And that's all you have.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #23
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road

Could this discussion maybe go someplace else? It has nothing to do with the actual game...
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:04 PM   #24
Freela

Freela is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: DO NOT PLAY MATERIA MAGICA!

This is an old thread but it is still there when you come searching for a MUD to play, so I thought I would post. I started playing this MUD about a month ago. It is NOT an rp mud, rather mostly questing, exploring and fighting.
PK is well-regulated which I like because unregulated PK ruins a mud for me, as it isn't really my thing. Although I really enjoyed the quest system and its rewards, I did find that as a newbie, it is very difficult to figure them out without some help from more experienced players.
A great many people though, are helpful to newbies. Not everyone goes out of their way to be friendly, but the general atmosphere is upbeat, and it is possible to get through your first class, with a minimum of help.
I recommend Materia Magica
Freela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:43 PM   #25
kurik

kurik is on a distinguished road

can one of the moderators please delete this thread.
kurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:29 PM   #26
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road

It was probably better off without you bumping it, since it wasn't getting any attention that way.
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote