Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 05-28-2006, 10:44 AM   #1
Visti

Visti is on a distinguished road
I'm a pretty experienced mudder and roleplayer, so I've been around quite a few muds, but safe for very little (none still running, I think), none of them could give me quite what I wanted.

My ideal MUD would have an all-roleplaying enviroment with no mob-hunting for experience at all. Experience could be handed out by watchers or storytellers for roleplaying your character well. Similarly, I would like all combat to be mostly roleplayed and maybe watched by a storyteller who rolls the virtual dice and whatnot. Actually, I would like a MUD with very little focus on combat.

The setting doesn't matter that much to me, as long as it calls for some challenging roleplaying (I do have a certain fondness for WoD-type settings, though and wouldn't at all mind a modern day type thing). I'm so tired of running around slaying goblins and imps to level up and then -maybe- get some roleplaying. Even if it's just in the newbie-area it still bugs the hell out of me. I would kill for a MUd without any mobs and just roleplaying. The only one I feel that accomplished this to a good level is the now closed Amaranth.

But does anyone run a MUD like that? Or know of one? I would like it not to be a TinyMush-type codebase. I just can't seem to get familiar with them.

A decent playerbase wouldn't be bad either, but I really don't mind that very much.

-Visti
Visti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
The_Disciple

The_Disciple is on a distinguished road
It does sound like you're pretty much describing a MUSH, or possibly an RPI game like Armageddon or Shadows of Isildur. I imagine anything else MUDwise would be too far towards the murder end of the spectrum for you.
The_Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:51 AM   #3
Visti

Trust me, I really know and that wouldn't be a problem if I weren't so incredibly picky about the gameplay mechanics having been practically raised on RPI MUDs using modified Godwars codebases and I still feel that this is the most intuitive and most comfortable codebase for me, it's just a pity that most of the MUDs using it are so very focused on combat. (Though I don't mind the quick stroll around in Godwars II, just not as my main game)
Old 05-28-2006, 11:35 PM   #4
Wik

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Wik is on a distinguished road
It's unfortunate that you're unwilling to learn another kind of mechanics, because Otherspace sounds like a really good fit. Take a look at for more information. It's a space opera setting with all of the features you were looking for.
Wik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 06:40 AM   #5
Visti

You know what? Scrap the no MUSH thing, it might be time to consider learning some new tricks. No point in being stubborn.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:50 PM   #6
Kelvin

Kelvin is on a distinguished road
Kelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:30 AM   #7
Visti

You're probably right. I'm gonna have to start looking for one.. In the meantime, pitch me your MUDs. Your MUD might be exactly what I'm looking for!

I am looking for a new home - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Evarayn's New Home! Ferreh MUD Announcements 0 09-11-2004 12:23 AM
Looking for a new home? StygianKING Advertising for Players 1 08-04-2004 12:35 AM
Need a new home Prufrock Advertising for Players 11 03-12-2004 04:45 PM
New home city Aangel MUD Builders and Areas 5 09-14-2003 10:37 PM
Anywhere But Home cainers Advertising for Players 0 04-22-2002 04:47 PM