Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 05-17-2003, 05:28 AM   #1
Sereina

Sereina is on a distinguished road
I've been scouting around lately, after coming back from a looooooong break from MU*s. So far, I've been trying to find any MU* that has a specific set-up for healers. And I don't just mean a group of spells... I mean specific healing talents, magical or otherwise, a guild (RP-enforced is fine, and preferred) and a place in IC society (nonspecific; just integrated).
Thanks!
Sereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 11:21 AM   #2
Kyrene

Kyrene is on a distinguished road
Kyrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 05:43 PM   #3
HaiWolfe

HaiWolfe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HaiWolfe
I'm a player in , a roleplay-intensive Tolkien MUD.

There's a fairly extensive healing system tied in with the injuries system, involving multiple types of wounds (cuts, punctures, bruises, contusions, etc.) on any number of body parts (head, neck, torso, legs, arms, hands, joints, etc.). Bleeding to death is a very real possibility, and requires binding. Skilled healers can treat wounds to prevent infection and speed recovery.

I'm pretty sure there's a way to treat wounds through magic too, as it is mentioned in the helpfiles, but I haven't been playing long enough to see it myself yet.

Healers are quite valued in IC society, as a lot of the gameplay centers around conflict between the humans and orcs (you can choose to play on either side). Also, there are apprenticeships available in the Fellowships, the IC equivalent of guilds.

Character creation is through an application process, but it is well worth the effort if high-quality roleplay is something you're looking for.
middle-earth.us port 4500
HaiWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 08:45 PM   #4
OnyxFlame

OnyxFlame is on a distinguished road
DM has a guild specifically for healers, although you don't have to belong to this guild to learn healing spells. (Some are just REALLY hard to get if you don't belong to the guild.) Healers have no special skills that are unlearnable by others, so I'm not sure if this is what you want. However, they most definitely have a place in society. Sometimes they're loved, sometimes they're feared or hated, and every so often they're controversial. The guild is entirely player-run, excepting requesting additions to the HQ to be coded.

If interested, check out dartmud.com 2525
OnyxFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 06:20 PM   #5
shadowfyr

shadowfyr will become famous soon enough
shadowfyr is offline   Reply With Quote