Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 09-07-2006, 06:42 AM   #1
DarkPhoenix

DarkPhoenix is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

DarkPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:29 AM   #2
Spoke

Spoke is on a distinguished road
Smile

The people, the competition, the various optional in-game activities for different moods. Those are, in that order, the reasons that keep me checking-in over and over. People more importantly later since I am in a break from active playing at the moment for study reasons.

The opportunity of being competitive right from the begining, the different possible approaches you could take to start your character. At first, having many different activities and being able to set small short term goals and compete to achieve them faster than others was a big plus for me, what hooked me. (I am not mentioning good game design, descriptions, etc, of course I am just picking the most important 'features' for me)

I would maybe like to have the 'on-paper' (theoretical) power difference between long-term established players and the new ones to be smaller. This does not mean it is not possible to compete with them, but maybe it could be toned down a bit.

Game: Aardwolf
Link :
Telnet: aardmud.org 23
Spoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:04 PM   #3
Luvan

Luvan is on a distinguished road
The people and keeping up with your sometimes 4k+ hour investment in that game world.

I would change the game to be more single player focused, like I would like to with any game.
Luvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:49 PM   #4
Rathik

Rathik is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Rathik
For me, what made me keep coming back was the excitement of trying something new and learning a new feature, exploring a new area, or trying to compete and become better every day for 4 years.

However, there is a point where it's no longer as fun to play every day. When the mud starts to go months at a time without any refreshing updates and any updates that do occur are usually for the "now" and not for the "later" and when the focus on new areas shifts from the quality of a room to the quantity of rooms, it's not nearly as fun to log in because there are no changes and no areas that are fun to explore.

The worst part is the lack of fair competition. At my current level, there are probably less than 10 people (on a mud with over 300 people online at all times...which is shrinking by the way) with whom I could have a fair fight with-- that is, without it being a complete slaughter one way or the other.

I would change the same thing as Spoke mentioned about the mud: a smaller power difference between long time players and newer players. Ironically we both play the same mud.
Rathik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:23 AM   #5
Fifi

Fifi is on a distinguished road
I'm caught by the vivid world that keeps me wanting to know what happens, the rich complicated tapestry of storylines that weave the plots and intrigues. I love the heart stopping, frightening brutality, all the more for the instants of genuine humanity. It is art. I play for the moments when my hands shake, and my heart stops. I play for the moments when my heart breaks and I'm moved to tears. I come back because I'm one of those people who when they read a great book, keep hoping it won't end.

I play Arm.

I started playing because I fell in love with the movie A Boy and His Dog. When I decided to find a new mud, I plugged in rp enforced and post-apocalyptic. My dissapointment that it wasn't post nuclear quickly faded.

If I could change anythiing I'd like to have more people play. I'd like to have 300 people on at 7AM. But not just 300 random people, people who totally get why I love it, and love the same things about it.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote