Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 09-18-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
Wik

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Wik is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Wanted Characters on OtherSpace

Often, players ask me, "What could you guys use more of around here?" With the implementation of our space system this last week, the possibilities have really multiplied.

While I plan to come back and add to this post with different categories of needed characters, I'm going to start with needed groups. Everyone knows that rp'ers often come in groups. You find 3 other people you like rp'ing with, and you tend to stick with them. Games often don't offer opportunities for people who decide to broaden their rp horizons as a group, so I decided to do so. Here's four ideas:

Miners – With family back home to support, a desire to get rich quick, a need to hide from planetary governments, or just a love of zero-g and rocks, this group buys the coordinates of asteroids from various parties, and goes out into the black with their mining laser to mine them, always hoping for the mother lode. You need to like (or at least like to rp with) your group quite a bit, because your rp at least half the time will be with them on the ship. I would appreciate if people applied for these positions at least three at a time so you know you’re rping with someone you’re comfortable with and are on at a similar time. If you get three characters approved, you will receive: a free tradehauler ship with mining equipment, and the location of several asteroids to mine.

Solar collectors – This group is used to the easy life, whether it’s due to being from affluent household, living hand to mouth in a balmy clime, or being drugged out of their mind most of the time. However it happened, this group of the unambitious have managed to procure themselves a ship covered in high-volume solar panels. Setting their ship close to the nearest star, they can garner enough power to sell to put food on the table and have beer money, while they themselves take a shuttle down to the nearest planet to party hard while it’s charging. It’s a simple life, but it’s a lot of fun. I would appreciate if people applied for these positions at least three at a time so you know you’re rping with someone you’re comfortable with and are on at a similar time. If you get three characters approved, you will receive: a free tradehauler ship with solar panels and a shuttle.

Children of Aldis Revidufruktkonterbeid, and Aldis Revidufruktkonterbeid’s AI.
The recently-widowed named Aldis Revidufruktkonterbeid took over the Eikfrukt Conservatory in 2628, an ailing fruit tree greenhouse space station, and quickly turned the nearly-bankrupt station into something profitable with her New England matron’s combination of industry and charm. She turned customers into family, raised productivity by three hundred percent by slowly implementing hydroponics, and opened a restaurant and bed and breakfast to maximize profits. Aldis raised several small children on the station as she whipped it back into shape, and when she died in 2647, they took over the facility in various jobs. Fortunately (or unfortunately), Aldis was so successful that she was commemorated by the Hekayti in an AI on the station, and still interacts with her children as best she can, though now she’s forced to obey their commands, to her chagrin. They are now in their twenties and thirties, and have varied relationships with each other today (2651) as they struggle to keep the business afloat. These positions are for a group of social rpers who want to rp within a family unit and possibly craft in a social working environment, joined by greenhouse workers, the occasional trader, restaurant-goer or vacationer. I would appreciate if people applied for these positions at least three at a time so you know you’re rping with someone you’re comfortable with and are on at a similar time. If you get three characters approved, you will receive: stewardship of a space station, and the ability to make a living via the restaurant, bed and breakfast, and selling fruit from the trees grown on the station.

Tradeship Brizzik
Brizzik is a tradeship, housing six extended families in its low-grav depths as it plies the trade routes. Where a seventh family once lived, Brizzik houses a small distillery, making Tori moonshine for sale. Ages are from 7 to 70. From their manic desire to trade to their zany proclivities, these positions are for people who want a rich source of social silliness with a little trade and crafting. I would appreciate if people applied for these positions at least three at a time so you know you’re rping with someone you’re comfortable with and are on at a similar time, or if not, to apply as an alt. If you get three characters approved, you will receive: a Lotorian Tradeship and a distillery for making moonshine.

Interested? Visit , or connect directly via jointhesaga.com: 1790.
Wik is offline   Reply With Quote