Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 12-16-2006, 04:46 PM   #1
pwyll

pwyll is on a distinguished road
Does any one know if The Seventh Sun is back in business? I have been seeing banner ads here more and more often. First time I thought it was a mistake because I didn't see it again for a couple weeks. Now I see a banner nearly every time I visit this site.
pwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:19 AM   #2
Bethaene

Bethaene is on a distinguished road
Isn't that the MUD that had the webpage designed by Puimun on Deviantart.com? She also did the book cover of the Rose Crystal and Compass Rose.
Bethaene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:36 AM   #3
moyA

Old 12-17-2006, 10:23 PM   #4
Bethaene

That's truly saddening. I remember seeing them a long time ago and thinking to myself that the MUD looked promising. Alas, all have the right to try but not the right to succeed. Their website was absolutely beautiful.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:07 AM   #5
Mabus

Mabus is on a distinguished road
It is my belief that the rotating banner ads are old ones being recycled.

Last time I spoke with Chel (writer behind TSS) on the phone (few months ago) she was still interested in doing the MUD, still owned her own server, but life had taken over and she did not have the time and energy she knew it would take to do it correctly.

A shame, as she had some well-designed systems that we were coding when it ended. Nice lady, and I wish her all the best.
Mabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 02:29 AM   #6
Bethaene

Do you know what system/engine she was planning to use for SeventhSun?
Old 12-18-2006, 08:48 AM   #7
Mabus

Mabus is on a distinguished road
I cannot say. Even though the game is not currently still under development I will still abide by my NDA with her.
Mabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:57 PM   #8
TSSIvory

TSSIvory is on a distinguished road
Re: Seventh Sun?

REPOST: From another thread.

Well this is a really old post but I feel the need to respond.

Yes, I had programming problems, yes its a big task, yes to all of that . But that's not the reason that the project disappeared. I was hosting the server offsite with a company called Hostaway.net. One day, I went to log in to administer the server (had a PLESK OS) and the license on it was expired. So I started calling.. Trying to get them on the phone to fix it.

No one answered.

No one returned my messages.

No one answered the support tickets.

After about 2 weeks, I was starting to come to the realization they were gone.

With my information.

All of it.

Years... and years. Heh.

I have no excuse. I have nothing to say other than I went pretty much off the ole' rocker. Everything came down on me at that point. The programming issues, the loss of everything, having just had a baby that was not helping! I had stayed out of work for 3 years to devote to that project full time and basically after pushing the reset button more times than I can count, I just.... eh. I kind of curled up in a ball really.

So... A few months ago, I was digging through an old hard drive and I found a very old back up of TSS stuff. About 1.5 years of work was lost to the disappearing Hostaway.net (who has since been bought out by Global Stat who has NO EARTHLY idea what I am talking about when I call... ) but... we have about 8k of the 14k or so rooms we had. Further, I finally got my domain back after waiting for it to Expire... heh. Finally did, and got it back. It was registered with the Hostaway people.

So. Here we are.

Whats going on Chel?! Where can I go to throw rotten fruit at you?! will answer both of those questions =] also works.

I am currently paying a Java Programmer who will start April 5th or there abouts modifying the codebase. Do not ask me when alpha/beta will be as I have no clue and will never get myself in THAT trap again =) We are working hard and have been on the downlow for a couple months now. I am now set up and ready to move forward 'properly' and that's what we are doing.

I know a lot of you put much time into TSS. I am very sorry that I let you down. I was just very devastated. No excuse, just the reason. Hopefully, you can let me make it up to you.

Sincerely,
Chel Ramsey aka Ivory
TSSIvory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #9
Elgaladwen

Home MUD: Legends of Xenobia
Elgaladwen is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Elgaladwen Send a message via Yahoo to Elgaladwen

You know, I have been looking for a new MUD (or MUDs) since Xenobia died. I looked at the site briefly, and it looks quite interesting. I will look more/try it out right after Easter lunch! (Happy Easter, btw)
Elgaladwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:06 PM   #10
TSSKethra

Home MUD: The Seventh Sun
TSSKethra is on a distinguished road

Happy Easter to you as well, Elgaladwen. Drop on by our forums and say hello. We'd love to chat with you about TSS.
TSSKethra is offline   Reply With Quote

Seventh Sun? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Seventh Sun Realedazed Tavern of the Blue Hand 19 03-20-2008 06:51 PM
The Seventh Sun thalin Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 08-27-2006 07:51 PM