Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 02-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
hadi

Name: hadi
Home MUD: hellmoo
hadi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hadi
Question looking for a mud game to play..plz help

so, i an looking for a mud game to play, how to explain...umm..
No magic in it, lots of pvp fights, and also about the weapons, i don't like melee ones like swords, clubs, spears, (wich is at most of the mud games, and i hate them)
instead i like gun weapons like the real kinds of guns/ammos and models of them, a nice war actions... Like realism.
No vampires, ogres, dragons...
Other things like crafting/quests and so on is ok.

I know it seems odd... But if you know some games like this, let me know.
Thanks
hadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:38 PM   #2
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: looking for a mud game to play..plz help

DBAT just posted about their game. It sounds like maybe what you are looking for perhaps? Here's the link:
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:21 AM   #3
hadi

Name: hadi
Home MUD: hellmoo
hadi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hadi
Unhappy Re: looking for a mud game to play..plz help

um... Nope, this one is the same like others, old weapons, magic and diffrent races.
Anyway thanks for replying!
hadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough

I've never run across a mud that meets this description. Essentially, you're looking for an Earth-like mud, set in the present day, or maybe historic times (i.e. WWI or WWII), with realistic gun descriptions from whatever Earth era is being simulated? Human-only and no magic, like the real world?

There are some future-setting, sci-fi style games that use guns instead of swords. (check the futuristic category in the TMS listings) Combat is mostly the same as any other mud, except your sword is called a gun. Some of them foster a non-magic setting. You'll still probably see character abilities that mimic magic found on other muds (i.e. a "doctor" might heal injury). Those are your best bet if you're looking for a non sword and magic mud. I saw a post for Atonement RPI recently, checked out its website, but never tried it. It's sort of a dark, future-ish setting, with soldiers, engineers, scientists, and stuff. I don't know if you'll find real world gun descriptions, or war strategy there, but your criteria are really particular and not that common.
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
iovan

Name: Elijah
Home MUD: DBAT
iovan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to iovan

Thank you for this.

What are you talking about? Old weapons? I don't quite know what you mean by that. Do you mean like swords and spears? If so then yeah we have them. We are a MUD that is mainly physical fighting of epic proportions. Destroying surrounding areas and characters of super strength. Guns and other high tech weapons can be found but they don't really give you much of an advantage in such a universe. You can choose to not even use weapons on my MUD if you don't wish to. Magic? What magic? There is no magic in the classical sense in DBAT. It's based off of Dragon Ball Z which is mainly eastern martial arts taken to fantastic levels.

I can probably see how you might not be at home in DBAT anyway. It seems like you are looking for a MUD that is completely modern themed and realistic. I personally haven't heard of such a MUD. I'm sure there probably are some though. Most MUDs are fantastic and unrealistic in their general theme because that's part of what makes them fun. Escaping from real life and enjoying a well developed universe separate from it.

Good luck on your search.
iovan is offline   Reply With Quote