Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 02-12-2003, 07:24 PM   #1
Alajha

Alajha is on a distinguished road
If you haven't played a WoT MU*, this'll seem a little confusing.
Okay. I've been MUDding for a very long time, and I don't really care about my character's stats... at all. Except when it comes to channeling.
Recently, I left about four MUDs today because I found out that my character would be a weak channeler, or something about the channeler wasn't good enough for myself.
What's wrong with me, that I cannot just accept a channeler? Why should strength matter?
Alajha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 08:07 PM   #2
Terloch

Terloch is on a distinguished road
Honestly, MOST channellers in the books are weak ones, there's just a couple of main ones who happen to be fairly strong, and if it's done correctly, you can get stronger with experience as you channel...I know this is the case at least on one WoT mud which I used to play a channeler regularly on...
Terloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 09:05 PM   #3
Alajha

Which MUD was that, Terloch?
Old 02-12-2003, 09:46 PM   #4
Enzo

Enzo is on a distinguished road
I play a channeler who is my alt of my main character on a WoT mud (see signature below). To become a strong channeler, it just takes a lot of time and dedication, and you can become the strongest person in the game. You need to have levels, skills/weave, and rplvls (rpexp) in order to be strong, but it all works out for me since I want and try hard enough to work my way up the strength ladder.

Try us out. It's kinda fun. I'm going to be starting possibly a Black Tower sort of thing when I can.
Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 10:57 PM   #5
Kitsune

Kitsune is on a distinguished road
Why should strength matter?

Are you looking to roll-play or role-play?

If it's roll-play - by all means you should go to the wall and try to max your flows.

If its role-play, don't feel bad. Most people out there define their "role-play" as needing to be the strongest or the most beautiful or the most powerful or the blah blah blah. Its just something people do when they are getting starting in role-play. It allows them to be something other than what they are (most rl folks are relatively 'normal', no?), which is the purpose of role-play. It also is an easy way to identify your character, "I'm the kewlest!" Unfortunately, it is not altogether the most unique way of identifying your individuality so then you have the obligatory ****ing contests of who is the most "rox0r" or whatever it is.

If you're in it for the role-play then let your character's character be their character, as opposed to their stats. I used to have a player beg to be Nynaeve on the game I used to co-admin because she wanted to be the strongest channeler. Yet, when it came to every other alt she had she could not come up with a simple history.

All depends on what you're looking to get out of the game.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 12:46 PM   #6
Alajha

Enzo- I tried out TPE. It was pretty good, and everyone was kind, but I don't think I've ever seen anything taken to those levels of pointless difficulty.
Anyways... thanks anyways, people, I've just come to the ultimate conclusion.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:51 PM   #7
Bastien

Bastien is on a distinguished road
Bastien is offline   Reply With Quote

What's wrong with me? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Someting must be wrong with the vote count Anitra Bugs and Suggestions 29 11-12-2006 02:33 PM
When spells go wrong... The Vorpal Tribble MUD Humor 24 01-24-2003 01:30 AM
What's so wrong about killing mobs? jornel Roleplaying and Storytelling 11 11-17-2002 04:11 PM
"I'm Right, You're Wrong" Julien Roleplaying and Storytelling 7 05-10-2002 08:18 PM