Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 06-13-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
ladygrace_of_elysium

ladygrace_of_elysium is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb

Hiya all

Ive just come from one of the other forums. All I said was are there many muds where people can have kids about & I got hung drawn & quartered for being a lousy mother lousy roleplayer & playing a mud that sucks(which it doesnt) Anyway hope there are some decent people on here.
What do you all think of when people start virtually strangling each other for not roleplaying properly. Im grateful to all the mud writers & wouldnt take to beating any of them with a stick as they put a lot of work in.

Ive encountered some very negative people on muds who are horrible to anyone who doesnt & roleplay in a very exact way that pleases them. This woman told me my motherhood in my mud is rubbish because there is no coding accounting for the placenta & nipple pads. OMG Im freaking out lol

Anyway maybe people become like this because they spend years & years on muds & become accustomed to violence fighting & think that this is normal. Im still new to muds only found them in November last year.

ooc im 32 & I like chilled out people.
ic IM 22 married gonna be a mother & grandmother....erm its just like the sims its no big deal. Ive learnt magic & work as a minister helping to run a city where Cyclops live.

Anyway nice to meet you all (fingers crossed) & hope I can join in some of the discussions.
ladygrace_of_elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:08 AM   #2
Luvan

Luvan is on a distinguished road
Greetings.
Luvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:23 AM   #3
Mabus

Mabus is on a distinguished road
Pleasure to meet you.

Don't let folks get you down. Everyone, and every MUD, has their own view on what role-play means. Be your character when you play and you are better then the majority of elitists out there.

I look forward to reading your posts.
Mabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:32 PM   #4
scandum

scandum will become famous soon enough
Does that mean you got the 'making' part right?
scandum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:55 AM   #5
snoozer

snoozer is on a distinguished road
If you get three roleplayers in a room together, you'll get four opinions about what constitutes good roleplay.

Just throw the words "twink" and "newb" around a lot, and you'll sound like you know what you're talking about and maybe they'll leave you alone.
snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:26 AM   #6
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Smile

Eh. Y'know, I won't generalize people who love combat if you'll agree not to generalize people who love to roleplay. I agree that you're going to get a difference of opinions - especially on topics like sex and violence - but that's true in pretty much any community.

In any event: Yep, welcome to the TMS forums. TMS. I think that stands for Too Much Soda.
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:38 AM   #7
Mabus

Mabus is on a distinguished road
It does seem to be defined by the mini-culture of each game. Some games base a lot around poses and emotes, others more on speech and still others on knowing the whole written history of the world. Some try to wrap it all together.

I say read the guidelines and documents provided, especially for the culture/race that you are playing and then just be the character. If you mix that with watching and picking up on how others go about it you can learn the game-specifics on acceptable role-play.

The biggest part that some people miss, in my opinion, is involving others. Learning to leave proper pauses so that other players can act/react/speak can always be a bit tough.

No role-player worth their salt (none that I have known at least) would mention "twink" or "newb" in any in-character setting. Those are both (in most games) OOC terms.
Mabus is offline   Reply With Quote

hope its nicer here - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Karinthians: Don't Lose Hope on LoK Access Fern MUD Announcements 0 11-27-2006 01:43 PM
Dark Hope MUD is open for business! less than sacred Advertising for Players 1 08-13-2003 10:33 PM
Gold Bonus added to Dark Hope MUD less than sacred Advertising for Players 0 08-13-2003 09:04 PM
New Dark Hope Webpage.  Tell me what you think. less than sacred MUD and RPG Webmasters 6 08-11-2003 12:59 PM