Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 05-06-2016, 11:53 AM   #1
pygmalion

pygmalion is on a distinguished road
God Wars II is making a comeback

Hi,

I'm Pygmalion. I've been a player on the God War II MUD for 10 years. It's one of the most original and entertaining MUD's I've ever played (I've only ever played one), and it's slowly rebuilding it's playerbase after the trollpocalypse.

God Wars II has no rules. At all. It's because of that, some players took it upon themselves to ruin the game for every other player and drive away our playerbase with spam and harassment. Well, I'm happy to say those players have become the first and only players ever banned from a game with no rules. That's quite a feat.

Now that we've moved past that dark time in God Wars II history, new players are slowly trickling in and we can hopefully return to our glory days. At it's peak, GWII had at least 20-30 unique active player. After our playerbase was driven away, it shrunk down to the less than 5 and now we're working our way back up to at least 10.

But don't let our unfortunate history dissuade you. God Wars II is the brainchild of the brilliant KaVir, and is a very challenging yet rewarding MUD. It's been described before as a game so complex even veteran players aren't sure what to do. That may not sound like a good thing but I don't want to mince words. God Wars II has a steep learning curve. If you can't handle a challenge then God Wars II is not the game for you.

However, the rewards are great. The depth of gameplay is staggering and even I am discovering new things all the time. The new playerbase is fantastic and we're 99% troll-free.

I know I didn't really get into much the mechanics of the game and that's because it's something you'll really have to experience for yourself. So come by sometime or if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Just goto , click play and download the client to get started. If you already have a client it's Godwars2.org port 3000.

Thanks for reading. See ya around!

-Pyg
pygmalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 05:33 PM   #2
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road
Re: God Wars II is making a comeback

How do you ban people for breaking rules that don't exist?
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:17 PM   #3
Lasher
Administrator

Name: Derek
Lasher has a spectacular aura aboutLasher has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like they had someone in their community offering no real value who only ever showed up to put down others, slam everything that was said or posted and generally ruin the atmosphere to the point that they finally had to make an executive decision and remove the poison. Learn from that.
Lasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:31 PM   #4
pygmalion

Well I'm glad you asked actually because I didn't want to get into the specifics but since you brought it up...

...this basically.

But I'll admit, you caught me in somewhat of a fib. The perpetrators aren't banned as far as I know, though they might as well be. The singular admin who codes the game, instead of adding new and exciting features, had to devote his time to adding countermeasures to protect new players from their abuse. In the end, it was really too little too late. The abusers could no longer spam-kill newbies endlessly but it didn't matter anymore, there were no more newbies left to spam-kill. They left out of boredom or sense of accomplishment maybe, but even if they were to return the extent of their abuse hopefully couldn't be repeated.
Old 05-07-2016, 10:53 AM   #5
pygmalion

Heres a link to some GWII reviews:

In fact, this one:

(Note: Wrong link!)

(Correct Link: )

was written by one of the trolls I mentioned whose stated goal was to destroy the game. Luckily for him, KaViR is the most measured admin I've ever met. If you read that review it'll give you a better idea of the abuse players had to put up with and KaVir's response to it.

Last edited by pygmalion : 05-09-2016 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:42 AM   #6
Ide

Ide will become famous soon enoughIde will become famous soon enough

It really is a great and unique PvP mud. Is KaVir working on it again?
Ide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:08 PM   #7
pygmalion

KaVir has been on hiatus since the birth of Baby KaV but he promises he has not forgotten about us.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:35 PM   #8
pygmalion

Wow, as soon as I posted this I logged on and we had a brand new admin!