Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 11-20-2005, 04:37 PM   #1
Zrothum

Zrothum is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zrothum Send a message via MSN to Zrothum Send a message via Yahoo to Zrothum
Aabahran: The Forsaken Lands is the land I call home now. And it has been that way for the past four years. It was the very first MUD I had ever played and it remains the only one.

Those of you who dislike MUDs where children run around, untamed, and without enforcement, this MUD is for you. Within we have a whole staff of Immortals who strictly enforce Role-playing. And we have quite a few players who are simply amazing at immersing themselves into a character.

Although I do my fair share of RP'ing, I play this game for the player-killing. We have some of the very best tactical players here at the Forsaken Lands. Our staff has done a simply AMAZING job at balancing all the classes. Even if you take the most powerful and hard to get class (Vampires), they all have a certain weakness which anyone smart enough can exploit.

From Invokers, to Ninjas, from Warriors, to Bards, we have a class suited for anyone's playing style. Not only are the classes wide-spread, the races in which they can be are also various.

....and if that isn't enough, if you write an application (just a good story about what you want) you can damned near have any race you want. This leads to just an amazing chance for roleplay.

So, now you have a character, which is exactly what you have in your imagination. So your journey begins in our helpful MUD school which is designed to make even the most novice player find their way around. (Our Newbie Channel is available through rank 10) After some time you finally reach the upper levels of the game...now you are able to start preparing yourself for the Cabal of your choice, if this is what you plan to do with your character.

Depending on things such as your Race, Class, Align, and Ethos, there are several Cabals to join.

NEXUS - Demonic servants of Chaos, bent on destruction and world domination.

KNIGHT - The wayward soldiers of the Crown, defying the laws in hopes to bring down the Demons of Nexus.

WARMASTER - Warriors who embody perfection in battle.

TRIBUNAL - The judge, jury, and executioners of Aabahran.

SAVANT - The Aged Magi of Aabahran, seekers of Knowledge and wielders of Time.

WATCHER - Defenders of Nature

SYNDICATE - Aabahran's Mafia. From drug dealing, to bounty collection.

HERALD - The Historians and Academecians of Aabahran

The choices for your game play are infinite. And if that wasn't enough, many classes feature skill 'selections'. Meaning your Ranger can specialize in certain skills. Your Warrior can perfect certain weapons and gain certain feats. Your blademaster can be stronger against certain races, or weaker against others.

You will never find enough time in your life to play every single optional character. An Elf Ranger can be done many times differently. Just as many other classes. From the cabals, selectable skills, ever changing world and roleplay scenarios...this game never gets old, and it's why myself along with many others play every day, nonstop.

This world is almost completely original. Those of you who have heard of it before most likely know it's past. Although somewhat shaky, it has grown to be rock solid. Our areas are almost now completely washed of stock rooms, we are what we like to call "FL 3.0" Meaning from our opening we have gone through two heavy code modifications. There is much here that you will never find anywhere else. Even one of our areas, "Winter", has been named here as one of the top areas ever seen.

All in all, you owe it to yourself to come by for a week or two and give us a shot. I can promise you will not be dissapointed.

Please feel free to visit us at
Register on the forum, introduce yourself, and prepare to play the best MUD out there.

***WARNING*** If you aren't ready for the best role-playing and player-killing MUD out there....if you think yourself unworthy to walk the ForsakenLands and compete with some of the best MUD players in the world......

Then play anyways. We'll help you get to point where your Drow Cleric Nexus Reaver Leader has everyone begging for mercy.
Zrothum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 05:33 PM   #2
Resatimm

Resatimm is on a distinguished road
"Winter" was an area written for another Mud and still used on said Mud. If you insist on still using stolen areas and code, it would be nice of you to attribute it to the authors.

Denadlyr, one of our Implementors, wrote "Winter".
Resatimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 06:12 PM   #3
Irumeru

Irumeru is on a distinguished road
Zrothum is incorrect that FLs IMMs created the area, and Denadlyr is given credit in game for the creation of the area.

We have been very careful not to remove credit where it is due.
Irumeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:12 PM   #4
Zrothum

Zrothum is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zrothum Send a message via MSN to Zrothum Send a message via Yahoo to Zrothum
I was unaware, and I apologize. You could stand to be a bit more civil however.
Zrothum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 10:45 PM   #5
Resatimm

Resatimm is on a distinguished road
Thank you, Irumeru, for the note.

Zrothum, I reread what I said, it is civil. It is firm, but civil. I meant zero offense.

Res
Resatimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 02:44 AM   #6
Davairus

Davairus is an unknown quantity at this point
My apologies to everyone for Resatimm, who seems to have forgotten how counter-productive it is for us to draw attention to these things. He always makes a mess when he pulls his peg out of the ground while the priest's back is turned. We'll be upgrading him to reinforced pegs.
Davairus is offline   Reply With Quote

Aabahran: The Forsaken Lands - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Forsaken Dreams Looking to Expand Staff Kylara Advertising for Staff 0 03-18-2007 10:38 PM
Aabahran Deykari Advertising for Players 0 06-13-2006 11:52 AM
Sanctuary of the Forsaken Finds A New Home! Savitri Advertising for Players 0 04-14-2005 02:31 AM
Forsaken is looking for you! Xanferious Advertising for Staff 5 08-07-2002 11:36 PM
Forsaken is still searching for good people. Xanferious Advertising for Staff 15 06-04-2002 09:26 PM