Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 07-24-2002, 10:09 PM   #1
thresholdx

thresholdx is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Come see Threshold Extreme!

Warning: This is a cheat site for Threshold Mud.  If you don't condone cheating or talking about the mud, then don't bother.

EDIT: URL removed because I don't condone slander of this nature.

thresholdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 10:58 PM   #2
Robbert

Robbert is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Robbert Send a message via AIM to Robbert
Unhappy

I'm confused. From the website:

One of these is obviously untrue, which is it?
Robbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 11:09 PM   #3
wuffle

wuffle is on a distinguished road
wuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 01:44 AM   #4
KnowsTooMuch

KnowsTooMuch is on a distinguished road
no, both things can be true.

THEY don't support cheating so it is YOUR responsibility if you decide to cheat... However, if YOU either don't support cheating then you obviously have nothing to there.

For fun ^_^ To see the story, to see how the quest ends. some enjoy solving, others enjoys reading it like a story.
KnowsTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 08:36 AM   #5
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Are you still at it, Vitaly?

For regular single-player games, it doesn't matter if there are "cheat" sites that give away all of the secrets - after all, it doesn't affect anyone else. A MUD is a different case, however. Aristotle has spent a lot of time creating quests for people to solve, and I think it's very disrespectful to reveal the solutions rather than making the players work it out for themselves.

What's worse, you're apparently signing people up on your mailing list without their consent and then emailing them the cheat information - and when they tell you to stop trying to spoil the fun for them, you rip into them on your website (see Example #9 in the "" section).

Some of the information you've provided is pretty good - some nice details on equipment (and where to get it), descriptions of skills and spells, information on events, maps of locations, that sort of thing, but it is all tainted by your constant stream of libellous remarks (and pictures) about Artistotle.

Are you actually trying to provide a useful service, or is the website just the platform for your personal vendetta?
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 09:45 AM   #6
Robbert

Robbert is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Robbert Send a message via AIM to Robbert
Oh, my. I hope that none of those you send unsolicited spammail to are from

Eh? What logic are you following? The initial poster has stated explicitly that the site HE is advertising -is- a cheat site, and indicated that if you do not condone cheating, you should not go there.

Yet on the site, it states explicitly that it is NOT a cheat site, and that the information exists solely for reference of those who gained it truthfully.

I must say that, as a government employee, I find the warning paragraph insulting and not a little bit challenging. If it helps, Aristotle, I find my opinion of your site has lessened due to the libellous information presented therein, and am prepared to testify to such in court. You, you....dirtbag, you. :-)
Robbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 10:49 AM   #7
Molly

Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Molly will become famous soon enoughMolly will become famous soon enough
The sad thing about this site is, that someone apparently put it up it just for the purpose of wrecking something that somebody else put a lot of time and efforts into creating.

So  what drives the person who runs this site?

Envy? Someone else created something that he could never master himself, so he sets out to wreck it?  Creating is hard, any 7 year old kid can destroy things.

Revenge? But on whom? This site doesn't primarily harm the Mud owner, the slander on it is too ridiculous to deserve much credibility. The people it DOES hurt are the players of the Mud, because it destroys the fun for everybody, by giving cheaters an advantage over the good players that like to achieve things by their own efforts. Again, achieving things on your own is hard, tearing them down is cheap and easy.

Power? But it doesn't give him any power, it just destroys things for other persons, most of whom he probably didn't have any quarrel with in the first place.

Fame? Did you hear the expression 'herostratic fame'? Herostratos got his everlasting reputation by burning down the temple of Pallas Athene. Why anyone should want fame like that is beyond me.

Spite? That might be it. The spite of a kid that kicks and screams and lashes out, because he doesn't get his way. It doesn't help of course. Nobody will hand him that lollipop he wants, however much of a fuss he makes.  But if he cannot have it, nobody else should enjoy it either. So he makes sure the lollipop lands in the gravel instead. Petty...

It's rather pathetic. Somebody who keeps this kind of grudge alive for years and years, must have a really sad and useless life.
Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 11:08 PM   #8
Morninglight

Morninglight is on a distinguished road
This describes the author pretty well. You go, Molly!
Morninglight is offline   Reply With Quote

Thresholdx web site - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new site WWW.TOPSMAUGMUDS.COM Vladaar MUD Announcements 0 06-04-2006 06:41 AM
Cool Site Ilkidarios Tavern of the Blue Hand 8 06-06-2005 04:08 PM
New Imperian Site! Avasyu Advertising for Players 5 07-08-2004 03:08 AM
Site listing Bugs and Suggestions 7 06-25-2004 12:50 PM
The Site Changed? Ike Bugs and Suggestions 23 01-07-2003 11:30 PM