Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 06-03-2006, 10:36 PM   #1
walrus_dude564

walrus_dude564 is on a distinguished road
walrus_dude564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:59 PM   #2
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Your post is far too general. You might want to be specific (and without a link to any other posts in which you descibed in more detail what you're looking for, don't expect people to go hunting). As for "not too fast, not too slow", those are relative terms and mean different things to different people. You really need to be more specific or you'll get every response imaginable, most probably not meeting your needs.

As my MUD does not feature levels, I'll simply leave you with, "Good luck."

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:48 AM   #3
Ytrewtsu

Ytrewtsu is on a distinguished road
Adventures Unlimited might be what you are looking for. We have been around for over 7 years, rp encouraged (enforced in some aspects), 100 mortal levels, 10,000+ rooms, various methods of advancement (royalty rank, temple rank, levels), multiple questing systems (autoquesting, mob list questing, soul collecting), and much much more.

We would love to have you as a player.

web:
telnet: tharel.net 5005

Thanks,
Ytrewtsu
Ytrewtsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 05:05 PM   #4
ScourgeX

Home MUD: Scourge of Time
ScourgeX is on a distinguished road
prof1515 is correct, you should be more specific as any level based MUD meets your criteria. I just so happen to run one myself and it is addictive to me, but don't know about you since you didn't specify any features:

jhoira.kyndig.com 7474
ScourgeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:20 PM   #5
Sgt Pepper

Sgt Pepper is on a distinguished road
Sgt Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:24 AM   #6
John

John is on a distinguished road
I'd say Armageddon is much more addictive then a level based mud. In general, the problem with level based muds is the addictive part is getting to the next level. Armageddon's an RP enforced levelless mud. What's addictive about it is the story, which is always growing and continuing, so there is always more to look for.

On the coded aspects there are 15 guilds and 7 races. However starting players can only choose from 6 of the guilds and 4 of the races. Although those starting options allow you to play anything from a noble's aide to a mercenary to a hunter to a jeweler to an assassin to a trader to a smuggler to a policeman (what they're called depends on what city, don't worry. No-one actually does call them policemen in game). The reason the other guilds and races are restricted is that they're difficult to roleplay correctly. I've been playing for 4 years and I still feel uncomfortable playing elves (one of the races you can play right from the start).

All of the guilds have skills you can branch, but the real fun of the game is the different roles you can play.

Armageddon also has a crafting system that is extremely extensive. Anything from clothing to jewelry to weapons to armor to musical instruments can be made. You will have to find the correct materials to make stuff from though, as well as become skilled enough to make them.

But the story and plots is really where Armageddon shines and sinks it's teeth into people.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:43 AM   #7
Jerusalem

Jerusalem is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Jerusalem Send a message via AIM to Jerusalem Send a message via MSN to Jerusalem Send a message via Yahoo to Jerusalem
As far as Addictiveness for a Hard-core RPer, I can not think of a better experience than Armageddon. Despite the lack of levels and other numeric code ques, it is simply so bleeding refreshing to get that new peice of good armor. In Armageddon, gear is a lot like getting levels, if a comparison could be drawn.

On the non-RPI tip, my wife loves the horde of Iron Realm games ... Achea and all of those. She can go from sunup to sundown sitting there, playing in their little worlds, and they are literally teeming with other players. Most certianly not my cup of tea or coke or brew, but everyone has their niche.
Jerusalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:46 AM   #8
Chayesh

Chayesh is on a distinguished road
The first thought that comes to mind after reading your post walrus is What makes a MUD addicting to you?

Immortal interaction?

Worldwide RP plots?

Ranking?

PK battles?

EQ-gathering?

Exploring the world?

As already said, without more definite criteria ANY MUD could be suggested, but what others find addictive (and we all wouldn't be playing the MUDs we play if they weren't) doesn't mean you'll think them addictive or even fun.
Chayesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:20 PM   #9
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
I'd definitely be able to give you an objective opinion on what MUD might be most addictive for you, but yes - you'd need to tell us what you like more. For me to plug my own MUDs could be wrong, if they are not what you seek.

In general, the more restrictive a MUD is, the more of a "niche" following it has. This is the case in PvP only MUDs(like most Godwars, Everwar, Utopia, etc) and in RPI MUDs (Armageddon, Shadows of Isildur, OtherSpace, etc). These niche MUDs are extremely addictive for players who like that specific niche-style game.

The more diverse, expansive, well-rounded MUDs that appeal to the masses more include games like the IRE games, Carrion Fields, Realms of Despair, Midievia, Materia Magica, Clandestine, BatMUD, etc/etc. Even there, though, you have the issue of whether or not you want to play a MUD where players can pay for gameplay perks with real-life money, or whether or not you want a gaming experience that's clean of a perk-buying system.

Some of the MUDs above are not 100% Free, and some are. Some have playerbases of 50-150, some have playerbases of 400+. There's a lot to take into consideration. If you can specify what you're looking for, though, I will give you my objective opinion.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:02 PM   #10
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
The OP is so totally not even going to login to any of these muds. Hehe.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:44 AM   #11
Zaren

Zaren is on a distinguished road

port 2222

Based around the Wheel of Time book series, I find this mud very addicitive and it has outlets for all types of players from the hardcore RPer to the explorer.
Zaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Need an ADDICTIVE mud. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pure as Taquila, addictive as Cocaine (PK) Amnon Advertising for Players 0 01-21-2005 03:52 PM