Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Staff
Click here to Register

Old 01-15-2005, 12:24 AM   #1
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Darksun: Clash of Sorcerer-Kings, is my mud that I've had for over a year now, now that I have more time on my hands, I need builders, lots of them, the world is pretty big and as the name suggests it's based off non other then the old TSR setting Darksun. I have a good concept of how I want to open the mud, and plenty of city-states that need building. Around 5-6 positions are open but I don't need ROM/ROT builders, extensive writing abilities are required for the type of rooms/items/npcs that are being built, considering the mud is RPI, this is no surprise. So if anyone is interested, especially not in just building but being a part of the MUD when it opens, simply send me a message or e-mail me, I have just about every type of messaging clients out there. Also for future reference to players out there waiting, the address - darksun.genesismuds.com port 5040. Thanks.

Respectfully the Founder
-Daniel K. Laufenberg
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:18 AM   #2
cyberpatrol_735

cyberpatrol_735 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

cyberpatrol_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 05:49 AM   #3
crymerci

crymerci is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to crymerci Send a message via Yahoo to crymerci
Or, you could just start playing one of the current, well-established Darksun-related MUDs and work your way into a staff position with relevance and permenance. Just an idea.
crymerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:22 PM   #4
Revolution

Revolution is on a distinguished road
Or.... Not..
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 12:36 AM   #5
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
How about some constructive support? Sure there are lots of MUDs out there, but shouldn't the same philosophy have thus been put to each of them?

Personally, from a game-material standpoint, I've found anything related to Dark Sun inferior. The entire concept just plain sucks. And yet, Armageddon's done a fairly good job with it. If someone else can do the same, kudos to them for trying.

How about waiting and seeing the result before complaining or undermining the effort?

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:22 AM   #6
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
I think it would be useful if the initial posters explained their niche. Given that there exists a Dark-Sun-themed RPI, it'd probably be useful for them to explain where their new creation is going, why it would be different, etc.

Also, and this is general to a lot of recruitment posts.... don't backhand your audience if you're asking them to work for you. Phrases like "You need to check your code and not slap stuff together." and "but I don't need ROM/ROT builders, extensive writing abilities are required" aren't good.

For the first one, any experienced coder is going to say "Well, duh." Conversely, any sloppy slap-together coder probably thinks they test "enough". It'd be far better to give an idea of how much experience you'd like to see in an applicant. And be realistic- anyone with 10 years of experience probably has a position with which they are happy.

For the second one, just because someone works on a ROM derivative and writes areas (like I do), doesn't mean they aren't up to your standards. For builders, you don't really care what codebase to which they are accustomed. You care that they can write within a specified theme, know the Dark Sun mythos at least casually, have played roleplaying-required games before so they know what the players want, etc. Put those kinds of requirements together, and you'll give your audience a much better idea of what you require.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 12:20 AM   #7
Delerak

Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Woah, I didn't even know this thred was still alive, or that X had posted anything more about the mud.

First I'll start by stating, I really don't care if you like Darksun or not, it's going to be based off the theme and is going to include a lot of the documentation from Darksun, especially from athas.org. That being said, a lot of original idea's are going into the mud, because I have a lot of creative and great people helping out with it.

Creative people like to create things, and that's all we're doing right now, I don't even care if the mud ever opens, that's really not my aim with it, though if it ever did open and gain a large playerbase as an RPI mud I think that'd be awesome. The goal is to satiate the creative minds of so many text-based mudders out there, it is not unlike writing, and a lot of people love to write.

The story is going to be really interesting, I even have a timeline written up to start the game in the middle of a war between two rivaling city-states, and slowly bring in the other city-states as things progress, it will be more of a war and battle-based mud rather then having crafting and ****loads of clans that can't really be supported sometimes.

My main drive for building the mud is simply my own thirsty mind needing to be quenched with creativity, I love building, I love learning code and being in the shell and simply running the mud and having others on to build on it and expand the world, I've only had it back up since January and we have around 6,000 rooms already and they are unique rooms and area's that are going to blow players away when they see them and read them I really hope they feel like they are in the middle of some great novel or story, (a lot like you can feel sometimes on Armageddon with a character).

One thing I really want to drive for are more important PCs, allowing PCs within years of IC time put into a character to rise up to General in an Army, or if starting out as a Templar character to be able to actually make it to High Templar, because the Sorcerer-Kings are going to be played by the staff regularly to keep everything running constantly such as war, strife, politics in the Bureau of Templars, etc.

Anyways, I could keep typing forever but I won't, that's just a brief update on the mud seeing as how this thread has somehow rekindled.

Hope to see you in Athas someday.

-D
Old 03-31-2005, 12:25 AM   #8
Delerak

You know Valg I think you're right, looking back on my original post I stated that

ROM/ROT builders are not needed.

That's kind of arrogant of me, really it's irrelevant whether they have built at a rom or rot mud, as long as you can write it doesn't matter, #### that's where I started, some old pk-mud, hack n slash rom, but that is not where I matureed and grew up..anyway good point made Valg.

-D
Old 03-31-2005, 01:01 AM   #9
Xione

Xione is on a distinguished road
Xione is offline   Reply With Quote

Darksun MUD Resurrected. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Darksun MUD update Delerak Advertising for Staff 0 03-17-2007 02:03 PM
Darksun has opening for 2 Builders. Delerak Advertising for Staff 19 05-26-2006 01:42 PM
Darksun, back. Delerak Advertising for Staff 0 12-30-2003 10:10 AM