Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 06-18-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
Nero

Nero is on a distinguished road
A very good TBRPG

Here's a really good site for roleplaying. I found this site about 8 years ago and have been playing it nearly constantly since. It is well worth a peek at least if you have ever wanted a roleplay-centered RPG instead of hack-and-slash or telnet MUDS. It's browser based, simple to sign up and play, and is very entertaining to say the least. I hope others on this site can be addicted to it like I have. Well, that's all, I hope to see some new faces on there. Thanks for reading
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:16 PM   #2
Ide

Ide will become famous soon enoughIde will become famous soon enough
Re: A very good TBRPG

Just curious, is 'TB' turn-based?
Ide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
Nero

TB= Text Based, like very little or no graphics.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:17 PM   #4
jackal59mo2

jackal59mo2 is on a distinguished road

Just to note, this MUD is pay-for-perks. See the "Premium Feature Prices" page on their wiki:

jackal59mo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:28 AM   #5
Nero

It's also possible to earn these services without paying any money, however. Players sell credits which are tokens you get from paying money, 1 dollar=1 token and 1 token=1,000 gold. For new players that are serious about playing the game there are a lot of players that give out free gold to help people get started and buy equipment. Eh, I'd say the three most popular premiums are one custom pages, which show everyone else all your character's information without being in the same room as them. Another is quick mine which enables you to earn items to sell to a shop for quick gold. Third is custom houses which can be used to make a room for your character.

Trust me when I say making gold is easy if you don't want to buy these credits with actual money. There are things called roleplay duels in which two characters or more can fight for any stakes they agree on. Even gold. If you are a talented writer it's very plausible to earn a large amount of gold just by dueling and 'statting' as it's been coined, is fighting non-player mobs to increase the stats of your character and earn more gold for the stronger monsters you beat. I've had several characters, and the perks are extras at best. I may post a sample duel if anyone is interested.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:00 AM   #6
Nero

One thing I think that's cool about Hollow is it's Custom Class feature. There are about 20 races to choose from and 16 classes around, but you can put a race/class combination that's not in the system. You still have to sign up as one of those available races/classes but once you sign onto your character you can apply for a Custom Class and Race for whatever you want to play. Everything's playable, down to liches and Archmages, some however require more RP than others to be approved.

Along those lines, Hollow also has custom items available for any character. They cost a good bit of gold but if you ever wanted your own piece of equipment, say a unique sword, or a custom set of your very own armor, it's well within the game's means. It's a great way to show off with items that no one has and enhances RP with a more personal feel to your character. Pretty awesome If I say so. There are also custom looks, pets, and the ability to put stats on your items, for the person with a large wallet.