Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 08-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
Ylara

Home MUD: Sindome
Ylara is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Ylara
Looking for a New MUD!!!!

HI!!! Looking for a great roleplaying MUD that I can play on my phone.

I prefer one with more roleplaying than leveling, fighting, etc. Quests are great. I had found one about 10 years ago, I think but of course, I have no idea what it was called.

Any recommendations are appreciated!!!
Ylara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for a New MUD!!!!

Hi there Ylara. For exeptional Roleplaying and playability on your phone, come try New Worlds Ateraan at .

Here are some of the reasons:So, this is just some of the things of Ateraan that might appeal to you. Even though the Southland might sound challenging and fun, I would HIGHLY recommend the Kingdom if you are new to the game. It can be very difficult in the south if you do not know the game.

Good Luck!
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:37 AM   #3
daerah

daerah is on a distinguished road

Hi Ylara.

Actually just made a little add for the mud I am playing.

It has been around for 10 years. With the multitude of muds I doubt that the one you found

Anyway. Read my add and visit the site and see if it is anything up your ally
daerah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
Cor

Cor is on a distinguished road

To address your first requirement, I'm not sure of any game that is specifically designed to be played on a phone (aside from Bedlam's client, but that isn't really RP). That said, depending on your phone, you have a few client choices that make even the most annoying MUDs playable. I would probably end up throwing my phone against a wall if I had to make MUSH poses on it, though.

If you want a game with more roleplaying than leveling, regular MUDs are probably not for you. In games like New Worlds / Threshold, the xp / coin grind is more intense than the roleplay. On these games, you will probably do a 50/50 split of grinding and roleplay, leaning toward grinding if you plan on advancing to a reasonable level in the next year or two. Both of these games do have quests, though, some actually quite difficult or laden with death traps.

Instead, I recommend more intensive roleplay environments - The Inquisition: Legacy and Armageddon are always good starting points. They both have a lot more RP than hack and slash, but you have the ability to advance through roleplay instead of grinding on mobs. TI:Legacy has a bunch of player-run plots which are like more RP-friendly quests, and Armageddon is more of a free-form sandbox in that you make your own goals (or doom). I would suggest MUSHes normally, but you specified phone use, and that would be annoying unless you're really good at typing on your phone.
Cor is offline   Reply With Quote