Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > The Break Room
Click here to Register

Old 09-20-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough
Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete

I am a huge fan of everything Final Fantasy VII, but advent children.. whilst having some fine moments was just a good film.

Last night I watched Advent Children Complete.. with 26 mins of extra footage.. and WOW.. what footage. If you love FFVII, this is how the film should have been.. if you just enjoyed the film, then you will love this.

Extras include (but not limited to)

- Explanation of who Denzyl is and why Cloud is so important to him
- Much more adult themes such as what exactly Geo-Stigma does to the body when it finally kills a person
- What the 'devil dogs' actually do to a person when they catch them.. as opposed to the imagination filling in the gaps
- Cloud seriously kicking ass when he finally gets his spirit back, including an amazing resuce of Denzyl and Tifa
- Much more Zack / Cloud flashbacks
- Extended cycle chase in tunnel / bridge including an amazing Helicopter take-down by one of the remnants
- More Tsung / Elena
- A brutal reworking of the Cloud / Sephiroth finale

It really is a classic and leaves a much more satifying feeling afterwards. Just had to share :-)
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
Zeno

Home MUD: Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
Zeno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zeno Send a message via MSN to Zeno Send a message via Yahoo to Zeno
Re: Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete

I have the Japanese Bluray version of this (it has dubs).

Good stuff. Also, comes with a FF13 demo.
Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515

Wait a minute! They made six sequels to that 2001 film? Were they straight-to-DVD crud or just not released in the US?
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:44 PM   #4
Zeno

Home MUD: Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
Zeno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zeno Send a message via MSN to Zeno Send a message via Yahoo to Zeno

Um, is that sarcasm?

Advent Children is FF7 because it's based on the FF7 game.
Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:14 AM   #5
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough

Indeed, Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within was an obscure, not related to any Final Fantasy game film which I suspect was purely to show off just what CGI could do.

Final Fantasy VII was a RPG that broke all kinds of barriers, one was the sheer amount of man hours that went into it, 100 people worked solid for 3 years I think. Came out 20 years ago on the PSOne, and was such an Epic that people still play it now. The game can take over 100 hours to play, and there is just so much to discover that it never really disolves into a grindfest which our Asian brethren tend to favour.

It managed to merge CGI movies with real action (you could still move the characters) which for the time was mind blowing. And it took you from the depths of the ocean, and into space.

It had a 'las vega' type place called The Gold Saucer where you could win GOLD (the currency of the game was called GIL) and the gold could be used to purchase special upgrades, or enter competitions.. but it took forever to earn it.. however occasionally you could see a little guy hangin out in the shaodws who would sell you GOLD .. the worlds first Gaming Gold Seller maybe :-)

The villain of the piece Sephiroth is named one of the top 20 iconic bad guys of the computer age.. mainly due to his 6 foot Masamumo sword (cant spell it)

Advent Children was a film set 2 years after the end of the game and focuses on a disease called Geo Stigma which is killing the populace, and three rather nasty characters whio are determined to destroy the planet.

For more info

For those of you who own a PSP, the game is now availble from the playstation store.. and once you have played this you can play the fabulous Final Fantasy Crisis Core, which shows the beginning stories of Zack, Cloud and Sephiroth.. all major players in the epic

Ouch... got me talking on Final Fantasy VII.. gonna shut up now!
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515

They retained the "7" in the film's title? That's a bit...odd.

I asked because I'd heard of the Final Fantasy film back in 2001. My office-mate was obsessed with that film. However, since then I had not heard of any sequels until your post. As it had a "7" after it, the natural conclusion was to assume there was a 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 as well. I looked up "Final Fantasy" on IMDB and only two titles came up. As I've encountered missing films on that site before, many of them non-English-language films, I thought perhaps it was some Japanese straight-to-DVD release.

So, no sarcasm beyond the disbelief that they made another film off a video game. :-X
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote