Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 06-20-2006, 08:49 PM   #1
nerd131

nerd131 is on a distinguished road
I am looking for a a mud with these properties:

must have:
-non-manditory rp
-playerkilling
-a frendly player base
-enough of a player base that I am not online by myself most the of the time

bonus (non-manditory):
-playerkilling actually gives you something
-not being able to max a char in 24 hours
-quests (immy run and/or auto)
-more than 4 races and/or classes
-good help files
-treats all players equally

I have been looking for a mud like this for years now, and the closest one I have found is Rage of Vengeance (rofv.nl). it is almost exatly what I want, but I am on all by myself most the time, otherwise it is perfect. does anyone have/play a mud that at least closly resembles this?
nerd131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:29 AM   #2
Anitra

Anitra is on a distinguished road
Take a look at the Free games listed on this site: (Free Quality MUD Collaboration).

The site is still under construction, but it has a list of games of reputed quality, that don't allow pay-for-perks.

I think many of the games on that list would suit your requirements. Some of them are RP enforced, but if so, it should be specified in their details.
Anitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:34 AM   #3
Sandra

Home MUD: LegendMUD
Sandra is on a distinguished road
Stop by LegendMUD and give us a try. We have all that you have listed and more.

Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:53 AM   #4
Esithae

Esithae is on a distinguished road
I love it when players provide bulleted points.. it allows me to address them in a way that the player can decide if what we offer at Adventures Unlimited is what they are looking for (and in your case I think it may be). Let me address your points with our features...

AU is RP encouraged. RP is not mandatory, except within the PK system, which requires in-character justifications for any aggressive actions your player commits.

There is an excellent PK system which you can join between the levels of 15 and 25 (out of 100). There are various clans based on the religious temples, some aggressive by nature, some not, which a player can choose from if they so desire. Or they can remain a 'loner' and follow their own path. Within the PK system are MUD-wide events, such as a big competition called the Days of Redemption, where the clans compete at a huge quest for a reward.

The player base at AU is extremely friendly. When you log into the MUD, you will probably be greeted by at least half the people there. The Implementor likes to vis and chat, especially with new people. Questions from newbies are always answered, and there is a whole question/answer channel devoted to other questions.

The number of people online varies, but I have not been on alone in a long time. Right now, 9 am EST, we have five players on line. This number will pick up all day until around 9 pm EST, peak hours, where we have around 25-30 players on average. I find this number allows you to become well-known if you so desire, allows your RP to change the world if you work at it, and yet there are always people around to answer questions.

As for your non-mandatory points...

Player killing does not give you anything by yourself. You can loot valuable items off of other players if it is in your roleplay to do so. However, joining a clan will give you a few things. A clanhall with a personal healer and higher healing rate (depending on how far your clan has upgraded them), control of the bank tax or a quest gold bonus if your clan wins the Days competition or takes second place, and access to a personal inter-clan channel.

AU has a couple of different automated quest systems, and Immortal run quests. The main automated quest system takes plact at a 'quest master' based on your temple, where you get sent off on errands to 'take care' of people or retrieve holy artifacts. Moblist questing, available at levels 50 and above, is where your quest master gives you a list of mobiles that need to be eliminated. You can complete 1 list, up through 10 I believe, that get gradually more difficult, but the rewards for longer lists are very impressive. Conquering, only available within the PK system, allows you to take control over various areas on the MUD, taking the bonus away from another clan at first, and then giving your clan a gold bonus. Small quests within some areas exist, if you find them. And then, Immortal-run quests also take place. There are a ton of variations to these, but while I've been playing here I've seen two cities destroyed, one rebuilt, a goddess rescued from imprisonment, various scavenger hunts, a mysterious locked quest with a 'find the key' theme, and the list goes on....

Depending on whether you choose to level, quest, or do a mix of both, it will take you a different amount of time ot 'max' your character. However, it will take longer than 24 hours, and there are various ways of 'maxing' to be had. You could cap your hit points and mana, become a master crafter, attain the highest rank in your temple, become the leader of a clan, get together players to create a new clan... there are various definitions of max, and it would take you a considerable amount of work to do them all. Even at level 100 you can still 'hero level' to attain more hit points, mana, and trains, which are also things you can attain through questing.

There are 16 player races, and 9 classes, with 1 class recommended for advanced players only (though you can choose to start with that class if you wish).

AU has an excellent helpfile system.

AU is in no way, shape, or form, pay for perks. Players are expected to abide by the rules/regulations, but other than this, your character is what you make of it.

Anyway, if this sounds like what you are looking for, feel free to check us out. Our website is tharel.net, and our MUD address is tharel.net , port 5005. Thanks for taking the time to read my post, which turned into an essay -.^

Esithae
Esithae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:15 PM   #5
nerd131

nerd131 is on a distinguished road
nerd131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:53 PM   #6
Wish

Wish is on a distinguished road
Greetings,

I suggest Tempus. Tempus is a time travel MUD that fits all of your criteria plus a little more. Here are the basics:

Set apart from other MUDs by dovetailing diverse genres, Tempus weaves high fantasy, cyberpunk, science fiction, and the planes of existence into a cohesive theme, connected by temporal rifts in time.

Tempus is a massive fantasy world currently divided into four different realms, the Past, the Future, the Outer Plane, and the Inner Plane. Each plane of existence has a variety of stories and themes, connected to other planes through magical portals and rifts in time. Two of the planes exist primarily on the middle continent of a planet named Calidan, at different points along the timeline.

* The Past is one of these time frames, encompassing a combination of medieval, high fantasy, and sword and sorcery genres common to many MUDs, but with its own unique feel.

* The war-torn Future time takes place thousands of years after the Past. Science fiction, soft science fiction, and cyberpunk genres dominate. Survival, greed, new types of communities, and alternative living environments are continual themes in the Future.

* The Outer Planes exist at the far reaches of sapient experience. Deities of all kinds dwell here, exerting their particular influences upon the universe. Theological and mythological themes are dominant.

* The Inner Planes are a dangerous ring of elemental essences, composed of the energy and elements of which all else in the multiverse is derived. It is the collision of the elemental planes which produces the physical universe.

Each plane in this constructed world is comprised of a variety interlocking zones, connected through geography and storylines.

Gameplay incorporates a combination of traditional hack and slash with Dungeons & Dragons style role-playing, with an emphasis on exploration, socialization, leveling up, and just plain fun. Limited Player versus player combat is also featured in conjunction with a reputation and bounty hunter system. Breaking from a common MUD trend, Tempus is not role-play intensive, allowing players the freedom to play their characters however they wish.

There are 49 mortal levels. Once a character reaches the equivalent of level 50, he or she may elect to remort, in which they are set back to level 1 and gain an additional class. Players choose what dual-class combination best suits them.

Each time a character remorts, he or she moves to the next generation. There are 10 generations, each more difficult than the previous. Throughout this process, players may try a different (or the same) secondary class with each generation.

Players and staff hail from several countries, including the United States, Canada, Australia, and parts of the European Union. The players and staff are known for and pride themselves on being extremely newbie-friendly.

The multifarious themes, character combinations, gameplay mechanics, gigantic world, and colorful people can make Tempus an extremely addicting environment.

If thinks sounds interesting to you, stop by at:

tempusmud.com 2020

If not, have tons of fun whereever you end up.
Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:30 AM   #7
Esithae

Esithae is on a distinguished road
There is not really any group for RP newbies, but, we do have an excellent helpfile and a couple of articles written by the Implementor that give a good set of things you should consider when starting to RP. We also have a couple of rooms that tend to be hotspots for RP, and if you have any questions about how you're doing or want to practice, a good place to ask would be the Newbie channel. I'm sure you'd find plenty of volunteers.

Esithae
Esithae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:44 AM   #8
Elora

Elora is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Elora
I'm not very well-versed in MUDs with no mandatory RP, but have you had a look at ?

From the looks of it, they focus on quests as you asked, have a whole ton of races and have clans/wars with PK. Roleplay is accepted but not mandatory, and they seem to have have a good Pbase.
Elora is offline   Reply With Quote

Good mud needed here - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
good RP MUD nomiko Roleplaying and Storytelling 28 01-17-2010 03:11 PM
Looking for some good EoD's Kaltez Tavern of the Blue Hand 1 04-26-2006 04:36 AM
Know of a good mud? ReadOrDie Tavern of the Blue Hand 1 02-26-2006 01:20 PM
Looking for a good MUD Asalyt Advertising for Players 5 07-29-2003 12:55 PM
Its good to be good or.. Shao_Long Tavern of the Blue Hand 11 05-28-2002 04:47 AM