Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 11-11-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
Saire

Saire is on a distinguished road
Still searching..

Hiya. I'm still looking for a MUD to call home again. I've been seeking since 2007 when my favorite MUD closed down. I've been dabbling in Achaea since then but it doesn't seem to fill the void too well. My main concern is on roleplay. What bothers me about Achaea is that everyone seems to have their "cliques" and if you're not in then you're left out of most roleplay. I would prefer a game with structured guilds just because I enjoy that sort of thing. A decent player base and friendly players. Also something that there aren't just grinding for levels but possibly other activities too. I also prefer a game with non-automated combat OR at least one with something you can do while the combats going on instead of just "kill thing" and watch it go by haha
Saire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: Still searching..

You need to provide more features and options that you'd want or don't want. Do you like permanent death? What's your stance on multiplaying? Is your main concern roleplay or do you like to have OOC channels to jaw and gossip on with other players?
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:41 AM   #3
Dionae

Dionae is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dionae

I would suggest from what you've said so far. I found a number of helpful players, although I usually see only 10-15 or so players on.

There are a number of guilds, from craft guilds to scribes, skalds, alchemists, various clergy and orders. I've noticed a few are not very active though.

There are no "levels," but you improve your character's skills and stats through practicing them. New skills can be learned just by doing them, or you can receive training from an npc.

The combat system is really interesting and involves a number of "specials" or moves you can do, such as kick, knee, elbow, slam, and more which can be learned from different guilds. There is a lag for both you and your opponent, so it feels more realistic--like you're both taking swings--rather than just watching text scroll by. Your skill and armor affects how you fare in combat. You can also aim at particular areas of the body and chose different fighting moods, from defensive to offensive.

I particularly love the countless quests there are, which range in difficulty. Through these, you can gain experience and improve stats. It seems everywhere I go, I find a new one, so there is always something to do.

I most enjoy the complexity and interactiveness of the gameworld. There is great roleplay as well. It may seem a bit daunting jumping in as a brand new character, but players are usually more than willing to point you in the right direction.
Dionae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
Saire

Ah Geas! I do enjoy geas yes. I've played there for a bit off and on. The thing about Geas though that I've noticed is its very hard to find people to roleplay with most of the time. And the whole skill system thing is a bit daunting. I do enjoy the combat system quite a bit though! Very nice. Over all I'd say Geas would be a side MUD for me but probably not a home. I always seem to be drawn away from it cause its very daunting... but it is a good MUD
Old 11-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #5
Saire

Well I was tryign to keep it relatively simple. I've tried this before and when I put some of the other features I'd enjoy I seemed to get less and less suggestions. But lets see...

I'd prefer to stay away from permadeath. I don't particuarly like the idea of my character dying and then all the roleplay and stuff I did is done cause ... its dead.

Umm... I'd say roleplay is my main focus, i don't mind ooc channels so long as there's an option to turn them off if I want to.

I'd prefer a family system of some sort! I think that's wonderful in a MUD. Yeah... other than that I don't really know... don't want to get too detailed cause of like I said earlier.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:53 PM   #6
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough

I would suggest you take a look at Threshold. ICE (In character enforced) game, some ooc channels (heritage for new players), citizen for general chat.. all can be turned off. All classes have skills so whereas comabat will continue in real time, you do have to use skills / combat styles etc. Role play is very predominant and there are lots of events.

Death has consequences, but is not permenant.

At around level 8-10 you chose a family name.. some people use this as a way for forming familes, but there is no 'childbirth' engine per-say

If you like the game, has pay for perks, and also player housing.

Its been a while since I played, but it has active developers and players from all round the world so always someone online.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:28 AM   #7
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough

Thanks for recommending .

Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:42 AM   #8
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

Stop by New Worlds Ateraan or check out the website. Pleanty of features you will like and a definate on roleplay (harsh or soft depending on where you start though I'd recommend the Kingdom).
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:35 PM   #9
Saske

Saske is on a distinguished road

Try exile. There's ton of stuff to do. Relicing, exploring, gambling, golding, pking. Once you hero pking is the funnest thing it's not all gear based (gear does help) but if you play right you can win pks vs people with amazing gear. Or you can try your luck in CPK and steal their gear, unless you die first then you'll probly lose your gear. (not all of it, usually you only get to loot 3 times before the person respawns)
Saske is offline   Reply With Quote