Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Roleplaying and Storytelling
Click here to Register

Old 08-24-2002, 11:52 AM   #1
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Smile

Hi, my name's Brody. It's been about five years since my last twinking.

Group: Hi, Brody.

So, like I said, it's been a while. But I did it once, and I've never really been all that proud of it. I don't think I realized it was twinkish at the time, but eventually I came to understand that - yes, in fact, I had twinked.

This was before I was a responsible leader of RPers, you see.

I was on Hemlock MUSH, and I was playing a rogue-ish character who was part bounty hunter, part private investigator. I was hired to catch a man who was stealing a large corporation's ships. I was hired to catch him and kill him.

Hemlock had coded combat and PK-ability. I got myself a gun and ammo. I found the guy. I became pals with him ICly - kept the RP totally above board, luring him into a false sense of security. And then, while he was flying his ship one night, I wandered into the cockpit and started shooting. Bam! Then I ran. He came after me. I fired again. Bam! I ran again to the next room. He came after me. Bam!

I didn't pose trying to shoot him. I just used the coded system and ran before he could do the same. To my credit, I guess, I didn't use a macro. And, I hear this guy was kind of a twink too. But that doesn't make it right.

We all start somewhere - and even those of us who consider ourselves competent roleplayers have had our less-than-stellar moments. Share some of yours!
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote

Acorns and Twinks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Article: Top Three Twinks - Part 3 Synozeer MUD Announcements 0 09-23-2002 10:46 PM
New Article: Top Three Twinks - Part 2 Synozeer MUD Announcements 0 07-02-2002 10:10 PM