Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Builders and Areas
Click here to Register

Old 08-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #21
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: Crafting: How does it work at your favorite game?

I will ask one of our crafters to create one.

I don't have an actual crafting character right now. Sad I know, but we have a full time lead developer on Threshold now and that means I don't have to do everything and code everything.

Until then, I'd suggest making a character on Threshold and trying it out. You can go right into the crafters guild as a new player (once you finish heritage - ) .
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #22
Guardian

Home MUD: moo.sindome.org:5555
Guardian is on a distinguished road

Sindome.

It -is- an RP enforced MOO, with most RP and plots and conflict player-driven -i t's not really a "go and hunt mobs then sit with your pals in the bar" type of RP MU*, RP is the raison-d'etre of the game and all the coded structures - as complex as they are - were built with that in mind. Combat, fatigue, faction reputation, 3d flight, sniping, crafting, forensics, parkour etc. is all there to allow the freedom to experience tense RP and find your own solutions and ways to reach your goals. Basically it's an RPI MOO built by people who think as many things as reasonably possible need to actually happen and have tangible effects rather than be emoted and accepted by consensus.

If you do plan to play, plan to be in character and you'll likely need to find someone to work for (surgical theatres, garages and drug labs don't grow on trees and common sense goes a long, long, long, long, loooong way). I guess the cheapest crafting to get into would be improvised explosives (pipes, fuel cans, ammo and bottles is basically all you need) or gunsmithing (ballistics toolbelt and maybe gun cleaning supplies). But the easier something is to get into, the less demand there is for it typically.

I don't know if it's your bag, but there it is.

If you haven't been scared off:

Basic newbie guide here:
IC Wiki here: (actually accessible in-game via a hologram that reads off the page, hooray for web i/o and sockets)
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:00 PM   #23
Bogre

Bogre is on a distinguished road

AtonementRPI has a pretty extensive crafting system- almost all of the equipment that the PCs use is PC crafted.

Armageddon has a large scale crafting system, although it can be kind of a process to figure out what all you can do and not do. The big part here is the merchant houses- in which characters vie for power and economic prestige across the game world. Probably the game in which the economic-political aspect is the most developed.
Bogre is offline   Reply With Quote