Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 05-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
Abel_SH

Home MUD: StormHunters (sh.ackmud.net 7000)
Abel_SH is on a distinguished road
Intro

Hey all,

I've been around in the MUD community for a while, but I tend to lurk more than contribute on the boards

I've been working on StormHunters for probably about 4 years now, went from being a mortal, to builder, to coder
I never would've rediscovered the MUD world if not for a friend who wanted to try "one of those text things you used to play". I found an Ack!Mud that looked interesting, and ended up finding a bunch of people I used to know from many, many years ago.

I'd say that I probably started MUDding in 1998 or so, on Realms of Despair using eWAN. Later, I moved to a Diku called Bladesinger, and graduated to the glorious colour of GMud. Eventually, I found AfterShock, and entered the Ack! community. Like most of our veteran players, I played on many of them (Realms of Fire and Ice, Cardinal Syn, Adesa, etc.) but eventually wandered away from MUDding. Shades of Evil (the original, IIRC) was a bit before my time

I've really enjoyed learning to build, code and run a MUD, as well as the recent forays into web development for our site.

Hope to be active on these forums, and maybe even see some people drop in to see our work.
Abel_SH is offline   Reply With Quote