Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 01-17-2005, 12:33 PM   #1
Thrain

Thrain is on a distinguished road
Smile

The Underworld is a large, interesting mud full of great zones built by our crew of immortals.  It features several unique character classes and skills, as well as all the old favorites.  Player-killing is handled on an opt-in basis, with both PK and non-PK characters playing side by side.  

You can spend your time exploring the huge array of zones we have to offer (13,000+ rooms), chat with the friendly crowd of people that are usually hanging around, or get together a group to tackle some huge challenges.

The Underworld has a large and active immortal crowd, but is currently slightly low on players.  College, work, and other real life events have all conspired against us.  But, the mud has been running since 1988 and that means this is your chance to join up and take advantage of the 16 years of hard work that have made the mud great.

Give me a shout when you show up and I'll give you a tour.

-Thrain

Thrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 05:46 PM   #2
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Your mud is based on Silly, a Diku derivative which was released in 1993.  Not even Diku was open to the public until 1991, so obviously you must have been mistaken by the 1988 date.

Your listing on TMS says January 1990, but even that's too early.  Your TMC listing says January 1994, which is more reasonable, but a quick google brings up the actual starting date:  

Still, that's over nine years, which is quite an impressive length of time.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 07:02 PM   #3
Thrain

Thrain is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

I spoke too soon. I checked with the impementor of the mud and he confirms the '93 or '94 start date... but it has been long enough he doesn't remember the exact day.

That aside, the mud is old and established. Still, we'd love to see some new faces.

-Thrain

Thrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 07:29 PM   #4
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Not a problem with the google archives - if you click on the link I provided above, you'll see the original post made by the implementor (Melkor) on 5th November 1995, in which he said "The underworld is a new mud, opened november first".
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote