Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 05-03-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
Syne

Syne is on a distinguished road
Looking for a home

Hello everyone. I am looking for a MUD that I can call home. I only have a couple of requirements.

It must not have permadeath.
It must have areas I can go level in without using percentages for kills. Just give me a set amount of exp for a mob, granted it will go down after killing the mob several times.
It must have more than one or two people on at a time.

That is it. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

~ Syne
Syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for a home

Hello Syne,

I'm not sure if you are looking for a Roleplay Enforced MUD and/or one that doesn't ever have permadeath, but come try NW. Our staff and players are extremely friendly to new players and we have a robust help file system for you. Check out the description of the game here on TMS.

We do have Permadeath but it is only with very certain criteria that I doubt you would fall into. Most death is resurrected death to continue your roleplay and character development.

We have numerous areas and special areas for new players, even though new players are fully immersed when they enter the game.

Other options for you:

Threshold, Achae, Avalon, and perhaps 4Dimensions

Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:55 AM   #3
Mabus

Mabus is on a distinguished road

If you don't mind a game in perpetual alpha-phase, could drop by our game "". No permadeath. Most MOBs vary in level by +/- 5 levels, but the ones of the same level would usually give the same experience. Players go from 0-10, so cannot guarentee that aspect.

Active forums. Coder that likes to listen to ideas. More skills/prayers/spells/crafts then you can shake a kobold at.

Welcome to pop by.

Address:
throes.slayn.net
Port:
Mabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:39 PM   #4
rendekar

rendekar is on a distinguished road

you don't have that many requirements so many muds can easily be eligible for you..here are two examples;

*you should give Newworlds a try. yes, very nice and friendly community resides in there..

*if you're not looking for a rp mandatory mud, you may find Duris:Land of Bloodlust cool. it has the exact same features that you require.. you get lesser experience each time you kill the same mob..and actually there is no safe place on that mud. it's pure pk!!
rendekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:37 AM   #5
emnaki

emnaki is on a distinguished road

Assuming that you want a MUD with a lot of players, I'd start off with trying the 10 top MUDs from this site. Not saying MUDs not in the top10 don't have a lot of players, but its a rough approximation thats accurate for most cases.

As for instant Perma death, only has that, to a lesser extent since you die from old age. So you'd want to stay away from those.

Now out of those left, IRE muds (
, , ) and are paid to play/perks MUDs while the remaining others , , , are not. Further chose depending on which game model you prefer.

I hope that gives you a good start

emnaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:24 AM   #6
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough

Threshold absolutely positively IS a pay-for-perks game. You can play for free, but there is also a "registration" where you have to submit your payment method, with a $20 minimum payment if you use a credit card. You can get in-game things in exchange for real-world payments, such as a "ring of regeneration" for $50 registration payment.

I don't know if these things can be achieved without paying, but they definitely -can- be achieved with paying. So that makes them a pay-for-perks.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote