Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 04-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
Rylan

Rylan is on a distinguished road
Evarayn

Hello!

I'd like to tell you about a MUD. Evarayn. The creators of this MUD have put a ton of work into it, it can be seen from every fine detail. I am not very good at describing features for MUDs, but I'll try to tell you about a few. Evarayn has six very unique races. A rich environment that encourages roleplay. Unique professions. Crafting, sailing, cooking, herbing and the like, and more, story telling. There's plenty for anyone to do. I hope you will join us and check it out.

evarayn.com

port 23
Rylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
Rylan

Re: Evarayn

Oh! I forgot to mention the best feature of all! A fully functional map, very detailed throughout the lands. There's an option for 7 different bigmaps for sailing, and a switchmap which is also very useful for docking while sailing.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:13 PM   #3
MudMann

Home MUD: Primordiax
Home MUD: Threshold
MudMann will become famous soon enough

Evarayn has a lot going for it.

1) The skills system is brilliant,
2) the GM's are amazingly friendly, and always in character.
3) Randomly created instances and fun mini games to entertain the single player
4) Crafting system
5) Nice 'breaking in' area for newbies
6) HUge world, and very clever ingame map
7) Nice combat system which requires constant attention and interaction from the player
8) Pets and mounts
9) Customisable weapons and armour

However I stopped playing due to some limitiations.

1) Most of the skills can ONLY be used in PVP combat. It got so frustrating to learn fantastic skills to find out you could not use them against normal mobs... so single player combat comes down to waiting till you regain you balance, repeat, blance, repeat till monster dead..
2) A huge world, but too many long, LONG paths that lead to areas that.. just are not interesting.. though they could be if there were beasties to discover, and more sensory information
3) Too many areas with nothing in them.. its really quite hard to find a fight

All in all, I enjoyed my time in Evarayn, but when the boredom came, it was instant, and not gradual.. and I had no desire to explore the areas, or learn more skills as every time I did, I was left feeling empty.

The engine is great, the playerbase and GM's fabulous but there is just a little something missing.
MudMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:06 AM   #4
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about

I enjoyed it for a while when I tried this out. I LOVED the in-game map, because I'm one of those players that cannot ever find my way around. I still managed to get lost. I have to say that the only reason I gave it a big a go as I did was because of the in-game map.

I have to say I really enjoyed my little newbie zone. I think I only killed one thing ever in my starting place, but I don't really have a probelm with that. Once I had to leave, though, I didn't make it that far. I think I'm still stuck in the woods somewhere trying to get to the "real" town, but that's entirely my fault.

The biggest reason I stopped playing was the fact that it was encouraged to script for combat, and honestly, I'm not a big fan of no auto-swing that's only replaced by writing scripts. Something just weirds be out with that type of combat system.
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 01:53 AM   #5
Rylan

Tonight on Evarayn there was a sailing race! It was lots of fun, really awesome! Everyone got involved, and the winner received a prize. A really awesome roleplaying opportunity. Just thought I'd share
Old 05-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #6
incognito9

incognito9 is on a distinguished road

Ironically, I found the best way to do combat on eva was to not script other than to create highlights and define function keys. Made it like playing a video game.
incognito9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:49 PM   #7
Milawe

You mean like press X and that makes you punch. Press up, up, down, down, left, right, left, A, B, B, A and get 99 lives? I might go take another look. I think I'm lost in the forest somewhere.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:24 PM   #8
incognito9

incognito9 is on a distinguished road

Something like that. I have f1=attack 1 f2=attack2 f4=heal action 1, etc....

By using a mud client to alias movement and attacks, it makes pvp combat a little like a video game. It's a different experience from the traditional "kill badguy" format.
incognito9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:14 AM   #9
Milawe

I do alias heavily for combat, especially PvP combat where you stylize your aliases to whoever you may be fighting.

I think I might just be a big fan of auto-attack because I can't see my character just standing there taking a beating without fighting back somewhat. That's definitely just a personal preference, though.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:38 PM   #10
Rylan

This type of combat system isn't for everyone I suppose. Me, I'm just the opposite though. Even though I don't get involved in the PK, Evarayn makes it rather easy to do so I believe. They have a very simple healing system, unlike say the iron realms games where you have over 100 options of healing, Evarayn has 14 or so. Very simple healing system, but still very complex and fun.

I can't see the point in the automated kill MUDs. Since I don't get into the PK, hunting is what I do. So it would be rather silly of me to want to watch it all happen for me. But it's all a matter of opinion.