Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Staff
Click here to Register

Old 10-27-2005, 01:51 AM   #1
Lanthum

Lanthum is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lanthum
Hello,

For the past few years, I have been trying to put together a completely original MUD codebase written in C++.  But, with commitments in real life, I finally realized it is not something I can complete any time soon by myself.  So, I would like to bring 1-2 programmers into the project to help with it.

The goals and ideas I have so far are ambitious and in-depth.  The basis of what I would like to create is: a well-balanced, semi-persistent, medium to high fantasy game that encourages (but not requires) role-playing of all types and skill-levels.  A game that offers as much to do for a player who wants to bash monsters, as someone who wants to craft items, or for those who like to sit around and socialize.  I want to create a world with a player driven economy, and player run cities, guilds, and clans.  Ultimately, I want the players to be able to affect the world they play in.  Eventually, I would like to create a custom client with original background artwork and music.

While I have some definite ideas of what I would like to do and accomplish with this project, some details still have yet to be decided.  So this is a great opportunity not only to be a part of coding the project, but helping design it as well.

What I am looking for in a programmer:
- In depth knowledge and experience with the C++ programming language
- The Time and Dedication to see large, intricate tasks through to a finished product
- Excellent communication skills
- Maturity and professionalism, yet still able to have fun
- Motivation to work on and complete parts of the project alone
- Ability to work within a team atmosphere (especially with regards to design)
- In depth knowledge of the STL for C++
- Experience playing muds, and other role playing games

For anyone who is interested in becoming a part of this project, I would be happy to discuss the project in further detail.  Don’t let the above list scare you.  I know I am looking for a lot, but that’s only because I have great expectations for this game and greatly want it to succeed.  If it sounds like what you want to do and you feel you have the qualities, please get a hold of me.  While I am approaching this as a professional level project, this MUD is done purely for the joy of gaming and the desire to make the best MUD possible.  This project is unfunded and it is not a “paying position”, yet.  However, sometime in the future, there may be the potential to get paid if this project is successful and any money is made from it.

If you are interested, I would love to hear from you.  You can send me an email at and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Doug M.  aka  Lanthum
Lanthum is offline   Reply With Quote

Seeking coders for new fantasy project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seeking staff for a Fantasy Steampunk RPI Jerusalem Advertising for Staff 0 07-20-2005 09:25 AM
Seeking Fantasy MUD Danlor Advertising for Players 4 03-18-2005 06:23 PM
Fantasy Sci-Fi Project: Positions Available. Mierza Advertising for Staff 0 01-28-2004 04:19 AM
Seeking coders and builders for ambitious project Eagleon Advertising for Staff 5 06-22-2003 08:36 AM
Sci-Fi/Fantasy Game Seeking Players! Gabriel Advertising for Players 0 05-03-2003 01:57 PM