Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 09-21-2011, 01:36 AM   #1
Erisine

Erisine is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Accursed Lands

Accursed Lands fans,

As many of you know, AL suffered a catastrophic hardware failure and has as a result been shut down; AL's owner, Xotl, has retired from the MUDing business and there are no plans to keep the game running.

I have contacted Xotl about the possibility of taking over the IP and the code for Accursed Lands. I would be willing to become financially responsible for operating the game once again, and will arrange for it to have either hosting or will build a physical server for it if need be. I also have the time to put into its running, and would love to see it return to the top of the TMS listings.

However, I need your help.

If you want to see AL live again, please contact me as soon as possible and voice your support. If enough people want the game back, Xotl would be willing to transfer responsibility. If you are a previous coder, writer, or staff member from Accursed Lands, I ask that you also contact me; I am also looking for the contacts of old owners who may no longer be active with Accursed Lands' development. With all of your support, we can see this game back on top.

MODES OF CONTACT:

Email:
AIM: lunar parhelion

I'll post a YIM if enough people request it. Please avoid using PMs through forums or post replies unless absolutely necessary -- I do not check them as often.
Erisine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:43 AM   #2
Erisine

Erisine is on a distinguished road
Re: Accursed Lands

We are continuing efforts to acquire the IP rights to Accursed Lands, and bring the game back online.

To voice your support for this, please visit and leave a comment on the petition page, or feel free to ask questions on the page for the proposal itself.

If you were a creator that was active at or around the time that the disk drive failed, Xotl is looking for your opinion on accursed-lands.com

Please support us!
Erisine is offline   Reply With Quote