Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Staff
Click here to Register

Old 07-19-2006, 03:56 PM   #1
Fizban

Name: Brandon
Home MUD: The Builder Academy
Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Fizban is on a distinguished road
Greetings,
I am a recent High School Graduate who now finds himself with excessive free time. I have been playing and staffing on muds for just over 7 years. I am currently without a full-time home, I staff/teach on The builder Academy, but this comes nowhere even close to taking up all of my spare time. Things I look for in a MUD are friendly players and imms, dedicated imms, and stable code. As far as codebase goes I prefer Circle but I know my way around on most codebases(just prefer DG Scripts to progs). The only two codebases I do not like (at least from an admin perspective) are LP (more because of a lack of knowledge concerning the codebase than any fault in it) and smaug (it has very poor OLC IMO) Maturity is another important thing that is important to me, I may be young but I am mature and expect other people to be as well. By this I DONT mean you have to be serious all the time but that people act like adults. As far as what I can do to help a MUD: In the past I have held positions as builder/headbuilder, questor, implementor, PR, and Enforcer. The last and one of the most important things for me in a MUD is its theme. I will not work on ANY anime, or star wars, and/or video game themed games. My two favorite themes are Dragonlance/Forgotten Realms, both of which I have read at least 50 books of. As to more specifically what I am looking for is a position that would possibly include some building, but that would not revolve around building, as it gets rather tedious in large amounts.
My ideal MuD would be a Forgotten Realms/DragonLance circlemud that is looking for someone knowledgable in DG Scripts and the commands of circlemud (especially Suntzu).

You can contact me at
or you can reply here.
Fizban is offline   Reply With Quote

Looking for Work - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aquaducts - how do they work? Taniquetil MUD Builders and Areas 2 04-22-2003 02:37 PM
How does a forum work? Ruobhe MUD and RPG Webmasters 4 04-16-2003 05:01 PM
Looking for work Zeren MUD and RPG Webmasters 0 04-15-2003 06:53 PM
Paying builders for their work Artovil MUD Builders and Areas 29 11-03-2002 12:19 AM
Do you work constantly? makila Tavern of the Blue Hand 3 05-17-2002 11:58 PM