Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 01-31-2003, 09:30 AM   #1
GoatLady

GoatLady is on a distinguished road
GoatLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 10:47 AM   #2
ATK

ATK is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ATK Send a message via MSN to ATK
I would advice you to play carrionfields. It atleast uphold a few of your requirements:

It is very roleplay enforced.

It has levels 1-51. The skills are given at certain levels depending on how powerfull they are.

Its players base is around 90-100 at peak hours.

It is has an original world.

It is medival fantasy, dragons and such fantasy creatures are around. But they have a certain feel of mystic to them since you wont meet them while walking down the road. You can not play a dragon.

It is 100% free.

------

I will add that this is a PK/Roleplay MUD. PK is based on how much experience your character has, so you wont have a level 51 running around slaying level 1s for fun.

If you seek the pure roleplay part of this mud you have a couple of cabals that is very heavy roleplay cabals. The heralds, they run a inn that people frequently come to for a good time and roleplay.

If you wish to give it a shot I know it can be hard at the beginning, but the imms of this game is friendly towards new players. Give it a try, hero a char. You will enjoy the experience.

visit for more info. It contains a very fine forum for asking questions directly to the imms, and they are quick to answer.

Also a good read, an advertisement from our loved lich god, Valguarnera.
ATK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 11:00 AM   #3
April

April is on a distinguished road
You might wish to check out "Between Shadows & Light" on your current search (shadowlight.wolfpaw.net:4444).

The only requirement of your that we don't fill is "leveless". ShadowLight has 100 mortal levels, however these are attainable through "hunting" or through role play.

ShadowLight is a role play enforced Mud with an easy to follow and interactive storyline. They boast a role play point and reward system, in-character role play jobs and tons of huge/mini rpquests to keep these interesting.

Skills & Spells --ShadowLight has tons! Aside from the ones you pick at creation, you can always ad more! ShadowLight also has clan and status based skills and spells that you attain as your character increases in IC size and power.

Crafting System: ShadowLight has a wonderful crafting system that allows players to control ALL the aspects of their Equipment --everything from your short description to your armor class to the spells applied to your crafted equipment: it's up to you! ShadowLight also allows for player restrings and gives players the ability to alter equipment they have already found in-game.

Player base: ShadowLight usually has between 5 and 10 players on at a time.

ShadowLight is a Medieval Fantasy setting (We do offer Vampyres to level 100+ players, but I think you will find they are nicely intertwined into our storyline and world) and is 100% free!

If you like what you hear, give it a try! :)
shadowlight.wolfpaw.net:4444
April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 11:30 AM   #4
OnyxFlame

OnyxFlame is on a distinguished road
OnyxFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 12:21 PM   #5
Cprice

Cprice is on a distinguished road
Cprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 02:11 PM   #6
Frostflower

Frostflower is on a distinguished road
The two muds I most play fill all or almost all the requirements.

in my opinion fills them all. Set on the beautiful setting of Hârnworld, it is very realistic. The world of Hârn is imaginary, even fantastic, but magic rare. Roleplaying is enforced at all times and extensive documantation is available both on the MUD's homepage as well as on the many sites that can be found by searching for Hârn.

To see more of my opinion on the game you can see .

The other is that was already mentioned above. The only criteria it does not fill is the medieval setting. Or, not exactly. It is by no means modern nor vamprire ridden, but if you seek something reminescent of European middle-ages, it is not that.

Here is a closer take on what I think of .
Frostflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 02:54 PM   #7
The Vorpal Tribble

The Vorpal Tribble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Vorpal Tribble
The Vorpal Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 04:43 PM   #8
Alajha

Alajha is on a distinguished road
Alajha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 01:26 PM   #9
Rytorth

Rytorth is on a distinguished road
Chiaroscuro sounds like it might fit what you're looking for, although it is pay-to-play for anything higher than peasant status. On the bright side, you only have to pay once and then the char is yours for good.

We do have a medieval enviroment - although magic exists but it's very, /very/ feared and those found using it are either killed or are turned into the Lessers, creatures even the peasants pity.

Currently we do have a low player base although this might change with time. We don't have levels but we do have a good deal of skills - and only /one/ group of those is used for fighting at all. The others are used for survival and stuff you could RP.

I know there's a craft system on at least one other MUSH that Brody runs - but I don't know if it's been implemented on ChiaMUSH, sorry.

RP is enforced - if you're not in the OOC area, you're on the RP grid and therefore expected to RP. And like OtherSpace, Chiaroscuro is an original world and is fairly realistic asides from mages (also known as the Shadow-Touched) being in existance.
Rytorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 04:25 PM   #10
Sombalance

Sombalance is on a distinguished road
If you are looking for a growing environment where you have a chance to make a difference, both as a player and as a character, then I would like to suggest Untamed Lands.

UL has a small, but dedicated and helpful player base committed to roleplaying.  There are no classes or levels in the game, instead the game uses a skill system that is open to all characters. The craft system is currently being implemented and when complete all items found in the game will be able to be produced by the characters.

There are no stock areas in the game. The world draws upon the mid to late 17th century of earth for inspiration, the dragons, ghosts and vampires fall into the realm of myth not reality.

Untamed Lands is based upon SMAUG with extensive changes, and as with all DIKU based muds, there can never be a charge to play the game.

Additional features that may interest you are a virtual world with overhead mapping when outside, player constructed homes, constant time which is maintained across reboots and experience points for roleplaying.

More information can be found on our web site at

Sombalance
Sombalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 05:27 PM   #11
TKD

TKD is on a distinguished road
Smile

Well, I would personally say that Avendar: Crucible of Legends at Host name: ender.com Port: 9999

We provide a great roleplaying environment and
we always welcome new players. We currently keep
a small playerbase of around 15-sometimes 40.

TKD
TKD is offline   Reply With Quote