Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 01-14-2004, 11:32 PM   #1
Rhuarc

Rhuarc is on a distinguished road
"Gaidin", an Old Tongue word that means, roughly, "Brothers to Battle" or "Brothers in Battle", is a term used to describe the members of an elite force of soldiers. These soldiers have one purpose, to see that mankind wins Tarmon Gaidon, or the "Last Battle". They have sworn their swords and their lives to aid the White Tower in its age long battle against the Dark, against all that the powers of the Shadow would throw against them.

The Gaidin serve another elite group, the "Aes Sedai". Aes Sedai are some of the most powerful people in the world. All women, now, the Aes Sedai are all that is left of a once mighty group of people who can wield the One Power - The driving force of the Universe. The ability to wield this awesome, destructive power makes them something out of mist and shadow in the eyes of normal people. Because of this, Aes Sedai are feared and mistrusted at best. Though kings and queens bow their knee to the lowest of Aes Sedai, these defenders of Light and Good in the world are shunned by all because of the fear they inspire. The power at their command is sufficient to destroy the world, yet they have sworn an oath never to use it in combat, except in defense of their lives or the lives of their Warders, their Gaidin. A Gaidin who has 'bonded' to an Aes Sedai becomes her Warder - her defender against the world that fears and hates her.

This makes up the White Tower - An organization comprised of Aes Sedai, their Warders, and the Gaidin waiting to be selected for Warder duty. The White Tower stands against Tarmon Gaidon, and is mankinds last, best hope against the encroaching Shadow.

The Last Battle is coming -- it's time to choose your side... wotmud.tarmongaidon.org:5000
Rhuarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:34 PM   #2
Azeroth

Azeroth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Azeroth
Is that material unique to your mud or part of the fluff from the WOT books? I may just have to check that series out of so. Nice story there.

Azeroth
Azeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:39 PM   #3
WarHound

Home MUD: Armageddon.org
WarHound is on a distinguished road
His little spiel was from WoT.

For those of you looking for a WoT-based mud, Tarmon Gaidon is the place. I've played there on and off for about a year,a nd it's very quality. Check it out!
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 10:11 PM   #4
Azeroth

Azeroth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Azeroth
Seems like a cool storyline.
Azeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 11:39 PM   #5
Rhuarc

Rhuarc is on a distinguished road
It's all from the Wheel of Time books by Jordan.
Rhuarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 12:00 PM   #6
Egwene

Egwene is on a distinguished road
I agree with WarHound on this one. I'm very picky about my muds, have been ever since I started mudding about seven years ago. Tarmon Gai'don is one of the best I've seen, and I'm very glad I found it.
Egwene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 05:30 PM   #7
WarHound

Home MUD: Armageddon.org
WarHound is on a distinguished road
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote

Brothers to Battle - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dark Brothers of the Light still needs builders Savash Advertising for Staff 0 07-10-2006 09:23 AM
Dark Brothers of the Light seeking builders Savash Advertising for Staff 0 06-27-2006 01:54 AM
Battle of Langauges Kedoeji MUD Coding 23 04-19-2005 07:47 PM
Battle cries! SyNo MUD Humor 51 01-22-2003 08:14 PM
The Battle Royale Iluvatar Roleplaying and Storytelling 0 05-14-2002 02:00 AM