Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 12-02-2004, 10:58 AM   #1
tormented

tormented is on a distinguished road
Welcome to your worst nightmare! Imagine being dropped into a world where what you consider as acts of evil and malicious violence are welcomed here. Dreams are turned into nightmares, wonderfully experienced fantasies are turned upside down. Murder, bedlam and chaos will ensue everyone and everything upon this world!

Tormented Soul (TS) is a self-driven, dark fantasy and horror themed role-playing game that was designed under MultiUser RolePlay Entertainment's 100% Java-Based Novel to Life Game Engine. Rather than just being another persistant game world, TS' environment changes constantly... wars break out between rival clan factions, towns fall under siege, the costs of wine and other merchandise change day to day (depending on market conditions). Ritualistic player killing and corpse stealing is allowed!

tormented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:34 PM   #2
Yui Unifex

Yui Unifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Yui Unifex Send a message via AIM to Yui Unifex
Question

Do you torment us by not letting us create characters due to a bug in your password matching thingy?
Yui Unifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:01 AM   #3
Hephos

Home MUD: www.sharune.com
Hephos is on a distinguished road
Hephos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:20 AM   #4
tormented

Hmm. I thought that was fixed with this last base release. I will investigate it. I do know that some game clients (esp. Zmud) have issues w/ the login interface.

Maybe if I can get the XML Game Client project off the ground, then this issue can be avoided in the future.

-- M
Old 12-03-2004, 12:34 PM   #5
Teelf

Teelf is on a distinguished road
Yes, it must be the clients fault. I've heard a lot of game clients have trouble sending text back and forth with a server. :)
Teelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:26 PM   #6
tormented

We save our player character information in XML format on the server, not in a database (scheduled for later release). The MD5 encryption we use has certain limitations as we have encountered as several clients dont pass the strings over correctly through the server-side client.java interface.

MS Windows Telnet has problems w/ the welcome screen (i.e. ASCII not wrapping correctly) while other terminal programs work fine, so yes... it can be a client's issue as well.

-- M
Old 12-03-2004, 07:27 PM   #7
Yui Unifex

Yui Unifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Yui Unifex Send a message via AIM to Yui Unifex
Question

I don't think it has anything to do with your hashing algorithm. I'm using MD5 hashes myself and my server accepts input from the usual suspects. You probably want to make sure you're correctly parsing your \rs and your \ns.

No, MS Windows Telnet actually displays the welcome screen correctly. You aren't sending the standard \r\n on the welcome screen, you're only sending \n. I'm going to take a wild guess that this is what's wrong with your input parser screwing up password comparisons too.
Yui Unifex is offline   Reply With Quote

Alpha-Testing: Tormented Soul RPG - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aether Online - Alpha Playtesting Now kopf1988 Advertising for Players 0 12-25-2006 09:34 PM
Projected Alpha Testing Baram Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 04-25-2006 04:30 PM
Looking for alpha testers/players Zeno Advertising for Players 0 01-04-2005 03:05 PM
Chicken Soup for the Goblin Soul The Vorpal Tribble MUD Humor 1 04-08-2004 06:50 PM
Alpha Testers Wanted Tavish Advertising for Players 2 12-03-2003 11:34 PM