Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 03-19-2006, 04:51 PM   #121
Lanthum

Lanthum is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lanthum
I apologize Traveler.  Coming off a 12-hour shift with only a few hours sleep ... I read too much into what you had posted and thought you were saying something else.

I care not whether a person disagrees with IRE.  They are not the be-all end-all of games.  I just can't seem to fathom why so many people complain about what they do advertising wise - when it doesn't even truly affect them.  Much less look at the fact that it's what most of the rest of the games industry does.  Especially overseas in Asia ...  oh well.
Lanthum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 05:49 PM   #122
Baram

Home MUD: Tears of Polaris
Baram is on a distinguished road
They have never stopped people from posting how much it takes to max out a skill, they themselves won't tell you. It's the same as not telling you how much damage a spell does, they let you learn that on your own. It's part of the fun and mystery of playing a new game.

Most players know roughly how much it costs to max out one skill, and when people ask they tell them. It's also posted all over most of their forums, and those posts never get deleted. The only thing they don't allow, is listings of what is in each skill. And that is completely understandable, some players would rather try to keep their skills secret. Posting lists on third party websites is allowed, mainly because there's nothing they can do about it. But IG and on their official forums it's normally not allowed and frowned upon.
Baram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 06:24 AM   #123
Traveler

Traveler is on a distinguished road
Others may have a reason to be jealous but as I am neither a MUD Admin nor a MUD Owner I do not. I have nothing to be jealous about. I have no problem purchasing a service I enjoy. I'll spend 20$ for my girl and I to go to the movies (I live in a small town the movies are cheap here), I'll pay 30$ for the HC of the new book by my fav. author, I'll drop 15-20$ on a CD. I don't particularly like IRE as a company because I think they advertise deceptively. That and Matt's spiels about being a professional when as Prof pointed out he acts like anything but.

If IRE games were truly free to play without the possibility of skill advancement through credits, or if they were a subscription based company, I would agree with you. I've been around IRE games long enough to know that there is little fun in the mystery. Take that into consideration with all the questions I posited in my previous post and I do not accept 'fun and mystery' as a truthful explanation. Coincidence only remains coincidence until it becomes evidence.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote

New payment options w/ Iron Realms - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Iron Realms is hiring! the_logos Advertising for Staff 12 12-15-2004 07:18 AM
Iron Realms on IGN the_logos MUD Announcements 0 08-16-2004 04:01 PM
Iron Realms on IGN the_logos MUD Announcements 0 08-16-2004 04:00 PM
Iron Realms Entertainment the_logos MUD Announcements 4 08-07-2003 01:40 AM
Designations for payment options Wik Tavern of the Blue Hand 12 06-11-2003 06:43 PM