Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 08-23-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
Polatrite

Polatrite is on a distinguished road
Tired? So were we.

I'm proud to present. =)

** Opening promotion! ** All new characters will receive 15% higher experience gains on an upgradable item - for free! This item is normally only available to heroes for a small fortune in game!

** Opening promotion! ** All players reaching max level will receive five max-level pieces of gear for free to help them on the right foot! In addition, the first hero of every class will receive a commemorative statue in town!

Ever wanted something fresh? A new dawn? Something you could walk in and feel just like you were at home? Sovereign Dawn features an extraordinary world that's EASY to get involved in and learn.

sovdawn.game-host.org 4000

Tired of visiting muds where you're expected to read through 480 helpfiles, news, and changes and memorize the 12 page list of rules before you're able to play?

So were we.

Tired of unbalanced gameplay, boring grinds, non-challenging PVE content, and an apathetic PVP system?

So were we.

Tired of immortal drama, corruption, over-bearing administrators, and never-ending political tug-of-war in the higher ranks?

So were we.

When we set out to create Sovereign Dawn, we wanted something new. We're using a tried-and-true codebase that has been modified over 14 years from ROM 2.4 classic, but still holds true to the fundamentals that cause you to play ROM. Our sleek character creation system gets you in the game and playing - fast. No need to read the TOME of information before you start playing - we know you'll read things when you get around to it.

Get in, get playing, have fun.

Featuring 8 amazingly unique classes, 2 remorts, 15 races and an amazing amount of PVE content, we're a brand new mud without the brand new lack of content. Top our in-game highscores boards, found your clan, and bring yourself to legendary status within our fun and exciting game world.

See you there!

sovdawn.game-host.org 4000

Definitely hope some of the fine folks here at TMS will drop by. Tell us what you think - liked it? Great! We'd like your suggestions. Didn't like it? Arguably better - tell us how to improve. Looking forward to seeing some of you around.

Last edited by Polatrite : 09-14-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Polatrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
Blay

Home MUD: Achaea
Blay is on a distinguished road
Re: Tired? So were we.

Sounds like the perfect mud!
Blay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
elektrisk

elektrisk is on a distinguished road

Hello!

I'd like to try this MUD, but when I go to create a character, I seem to get stuck at the race selection process. I chose 'mage' as my class, so I wanted to pick 'Gnome' as my race, but it just hung whenever I entered 'Gnome'. I tried with other races, too, but I got the same thing Could you assist me, please?

I doubt it should matter, but I'm using zMUD 7.21, Windows XP Sp3 Prof. on an HP desktop.

EDIT: I solved the problem. I had to enter 'Gnome' twice. Not such a big deal, but the same thing would happen if a user tried to type 'help'. I assume he'd have to type it twice. Just a suggestion, but y'all may want to look into that I look forward to trying your mud!
elektrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
Polatrite

Polatrite is on a distinguished road

Horrendously late responses on my part - sorry about that. I'm actually moving cross country (Indiana to DC) right now, so all my attention is devoted to the games themselves and I haven't been able to make my rounds on forums.

I actually fixed the race selection problem a week or so ago, and the new racial abilities are in now too. =)

Looking forward to seeing some more faces!

Also, if you try out the mud and don't really like it, I'd like to hear from you to see what put you off. Maybe that way I can fix things up for future newbies. =)
Polatrite is offline   Reply With Quote