Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 11-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
OtherSpacer

OtherSpacer is on a distinguished road
Talking NaNoWriMo 2012: Anyone else?

OtherSpace lead dev Brody (Wes Platt) is participating in National Novel Writing Month. How about you?

It's not too late to take the plunge and spend the rest of November cranking out 50,000 words of fiction!

OtherSpacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
Leech

Name: John
Home MUD: The Inquisition: Legacy
Leech is on a distinguished road
Re: NaNoWriMo 2012: Anyone else?

It's being offered as extra credit in my writing fiction class for college, so I may this year. It's a daunting task though O.O Perhaps I should just log scenes in roleplay, edit it, and fit them all together =P
Leech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
camlorn

camlorn is on a distinguished road
Re: NaNoWriMo 2012: Anyone else?

Well, I decided late Saturday night that I'd try. I doubt that I'll actually finish, but I did get caught up with the word quotas yesterday, so who knows?

And, rping a bunch of scenes and sticking them together would probably work, believe it or not, depending on how good the roleplayers involved are. I mean, if you do that, you get unique personalities for free, for starters. Unfortunately, you probably shouldn't do that without consent from participants...

Let me put it this way. Acording to tvtropes, advice for adding plot includes "Add ninjas", and one of the published NaNoWriMo novels is about pirates, salesmen, and changing the direction of up, written from the second person ("You walk, etc"). So, meh.
camlorn is offline   Reply With Quote