Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 09-23-2016, 04:33 PM   #1
tarantella

tarantella is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Lament: the Age of Wind and Wolves open for testing

It has only been a handful of generations since the day the world ended. Thousands died when the Long Winter fell, and countless more have fallen to plague or starvation since. Every day sees more survivors flocking to the relative safety of the cities. Some manage to make an honest living for themselves; some fight for scraps among the downtrodden; some prey on the weak or careless. The land crumbles and rots, but its people stubbornly fight to survive among the remains. Who can say how long they will succeed?

Lament is an LP MUD running on a heavily-modified Lima Mudlib. Our world is an original dark fantasy setting with light post-apocalyptic themes. Gameplay is level-less and skill-based, with advancement based on a character's actions instead of the accumulation of experience points. We are focused on both roleplaying and immersive mechanics, with the potential for PVP activity, non-combatants, and characters who fall somewhere between the two.

Interested? Log in and try Lament for yourself. Character generation is open and account-based, with no applications required to start playing.

Connect to Us At:

lament.ghostglass.net port 8600
tarantella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 10:43 PM   #2
Cerelum

Cerelum is on a distinguished road
Re: Lament: the Age of Wind and Wolves open for testing

I went to go check it out and it had only five people on during prime time. The lore on the webpage seems cool, but with the empty world, probably not going to do well.
Cerelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:07 AM   #3
tarantella

tarantella is on a distinguished road

Hey Cerelum, thanks for the feedback, and thanks for checking us out!

This is actually the first advertising we've done in about eight years of having the port open and new accounts allowed.. Currently, our prime time tends to be earlier in the day, relative to EST - lots of folks on in the morning and around noon. Depending on when you showed up, you may have hit the lull - checking on things around right now (midnight EST), we've got nine players on. You may want to try another time.
tarantella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:48 PM   #4
ironcross32

ironcross32 is on a distinguished road

I have been off and on with playing here and its a good MUD with plenty of crafting and advanced combat features. The best part aside from the RP is exploration, the world is very large and plenty of things to see, but you'll have to keep food and water in mind as it can be a struggle to survive at times.
ironcross32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:26 AM   #5
colavina

colavina is on a distinguished road

I've been playing off and on now for a while. It has very robust software compared to any of the other games I've experienced. The interface is different from most other MUDs in my past however, and takes a bit of getting used to. The help files are superior-- far superior-- to most MUDs I've known.

The game world has a vast amount of "cookie cutter" landscapes, duplicate mountains, hills, forests, swamps etc. The designers may well have overdone this aspect of the game, with vast amounts of territory with little or nothing to discover in it. Scattered across this vast landscape are however, a variety of smaller areas that contain hints about the world-background of the broadly medieval theme. Additionally there are two main continents each with their own larger town with a variety of shops. 99% of play takes place not far from those two towns.

Four sentient species are available to play, but they are a minor factor, as skill development and specialization are not limited by species. Crafting is an important part of the game, and highly developed, but the coding to accomplish most tasks can be time consuming-- excessively so. It's the kind of game were you'll wish to multi-task. That being said, skill development is challenging; for crafters and hunters alike. The game has been quiet during my tenure, with at most five players on at once. There is certainly room for more.

Visually disabled players will find not only comrades but also extensive efforts to accommodate their needs.

By far my biggest frustration is that the vast majority of rooms automatically clear of player left contents after a mere 30 minutes of not being occupied by a PC. Players can store items in an expensive tent, or make a single room "sticky" with a time consuming stone cairn, but accidentally leaving one's container or weapon in a room when a free hand is required for butchering or gathering is severely and quickly punished.

Last edited by colavina : 05-19-2022 at 10:56 AM.
colavina is offline   Reply With Quote