Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 12-03-2003, 05:36 PM   #1
Traithe

Name: Kite
Traithe is on a distinguished road
Wink

Traithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 06:20 PM   #2
Riga

Riga is on a distinguished road
I'm pretty sure he's banned from Armageddon as well for similar actions.
Riga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 08:59 PM   #3
Pris

Pris is on a distinguished road
That review response was enought to get me to want to try out your Mud. That was an excellent response.

Pris
Pris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 06:50 PM   #4
Geras

Geras is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't worry too much... reviews like this tend to be on the better MUDs, and generally make me want to try the MUD instead of driving me away.

I suspect the same guy has hit a couple of other RPI muds with reviews like this. Interesting how the same people dislike so many MUDs. They should realize the problem might be with them, not 10 sets of admins.
Geras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 07:50 PM   #5
Jessara

Jessara is on a distinguished road
I agree with everything Traithe said about this guy. I have a very close friend who fell under his spell in an RPI I used to play constantly before it closed. My friend was only a newbie to muds and the internet so I was looking out for her. Her character met his character, within a few real life days he had her in love with him...couldn't keep his hands off her IC. A short time later he got her contact with her on messenger, which lead to a relationship and him actually propsing to her and saying he was coming to Australia to be with her. I knew from the start that this man was bad news, I've seen his kind around many times and have been tricked by someone like him myself. This whole thing left my friend heartbroken after I convinced her to ditch him. So yeah he does go after the women, so be very wary of him.

- Jessara.
Jessara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 01:35 AM   #6
lckychrmsrr

lckychrmsrr is on a distinguished road
As for the guys character I know nothing.  The reviews however weren't that horrible.  He had opinions based on how he was treated in the game.  I don't agree with everything he had to say about the mud but some of what he said was warranted, and some was just him not spending enough time to calm down before writing a review.  I tried out the mud before it was even in the Top 40 on the lists and can attest to the fact that it is very hard to get involved in the game.  The existing cliques are hard to break into and because of the unique battle and crafts system it is very frustrating to try and get started.  Especially at times when there are less than 10 players logged on and you are a new character (not new player).  Over all I find the mud to be fairly well run and the Imm staff does stick to their theme quite well.  If you are not a patient person do not play this mud.  Even with an application system you are not always able to weed out bad players or players who wouldn't work well in your environment.  

As for the imm responses I had very good results and they were polite and helpful.  I fully understand them being busy but some people are still too immature to think about things like that (and not all of them are under 18).  Like I said, it is a very unique mud that has many good aspects and some things that are less desirable depending on your tastes.  

Although this guy sounds like a complete jerk his review really was that viscious.
lckychrmsrr is offline   Reply With Quote

Shadows of Isildur: "Review" Response. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shadows of Isildur: Newbie Review Request. Traithe Advertising for Players 10 09-29-2004 01:54 PM
Review response: TP MUD Pleos Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 10-25-2003 10:47 AM
Review Response Songsworn_Draconita Tavern of the Blue Hand 4 10-23-2003 11:26 PM
Review Response Terloch MUD Administration 15 10-14-2003 03:38 PM
Shadows of Isildur the_logos Legal Issues 247 07-08-2003 11:05 PM