Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 01-26-2005, 10:04 AM   #21
Xerihae

Name: Chris
Xerihae will become famous soon enough
I'd also like to take this opportunity to plug another favourite game of mine.

Sid Meiers Pirates!

I played it on the C64. I played it on the Atari ST. I played the early version on the PC, and then the later Pirates! Gold. And then they decided to remake one of the top three games on my all-time greatest list. (Master of Orion, Pirates! and Elite for those curious)

They took Pirates! They put it through the modern-day graphics wringer. They added a few new features. They messed with my baby... and by god was it worth it!

Possessed of humour not too often found in games these days, with a dash of swashbuckling and the thrill of raiding on the Spanish Main, the new version of Pirates! is indeed a worthy successor. Every one of the good features about the original, such as the sword fights and the ship battles, was improved upon. The new dancing "mini-game" with the governors daughters takes some getting used to, but soon you'll be whirling and twirling like Fred Estaire on a good day!

If you liked any of the older versions, you can't miss this.
Xerihae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:17 PM   #22
Earthmother

Home MUD: GateWay MUD
Earthmother is on a distinguished road
Newest piddling time-wasting addiction:

Bejeweled 2 on either MSN or Yahoo games. Just the online solitaire version, no need to download it.

Can't stop ... clicky clicky little jewels ... cutting into my XP time... CURSE YOU, Bejeweled 2!!!
Earthmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 02:19 PM   #23
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
Been a lot of chatter about Pirates. I have to try it out. Man, bejewelled is one of THE most addictive games.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:25 PM   #24
Lovend

Lovend is on a distinguished road
Although I quit a year ago, Dark Age of Camelot, pre-expansions takes the cake with me. Not as sharp or in depth as WoW, but theres something about 100 Trolls, kobolds and dwarves pounding on your keeps gate that makes for good gaming experience.

My favorite old school game was Defender of the Crown, and I haven't played the re-make yet. Hope it's good.

I'm writing a Counter Strike-like MUD, where you don't level, you simply enter battlefields and PvP. Anyone know of any MUD's out there like this? I'd love to see what they've done with it.

Love
Lovend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:17 PM   #25
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
Has anybody else heard about the free release and subscription fee-free Anarchy Online they now released? I downloaded it and I've started to play it a little bit. You can't beat free games, I've got three: Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, Starsiege: Tribes, and now Anarchy Online. Those are basically the only big name games I got free. Don't get me wrong, I still play the newest games, but nothing beats free. Unless maybe you are a beta tester...
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 11:19 PM   #26
Eagleon

Eagleon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Eagleon Send a message via Yahoo to Eagleon
Eagleon is offline   Reply With Quote

Favorite Games? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which character was your favorite? Brody Roleplaying and Storytelling 1 03-29-2007 02:12 AM
Favorite characters Brody Roleplaying and Storytelling 4 05-26-2005 04:09 PM
Most Original and Favorite Themes? Burr Tavern of the Blue Hand 7 04-13-2003 02:23 PM
What is your favorite thing in a mud? Xanferious Tavern of the Blue Hand 1 07-15-2002 11:40 AM
Who's your favorite Admin? Xanferious Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 05-13-2002 06:26 PM