Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 06-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
Ryanina

Ryanina is on a distinguished road
hello!

Hi guys,
Has been almost 10 years since i have played any muds.
Im looking to get back into muds but the ones i use to play are no longer active.
The type of muds im looking for are like Aturions Dynasty, Lands of Chaos, Fatemud, Midpoint Void.
The code type of these muds were Emlen and im not sure if anyone uses them anymore.
Any information on muds based like these ones listed would be great.
Nice to meet you all!
Ryanina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
shevegen

shevegen is on a distinguished road
Re: hello!

I know none of these MUDs.

Can you describe what specific features you demand from a MUD?

Then it would be easier to answer.
shevegen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
Ryanina

advanced World pk,has quests, class based system,level based system, overhead mapping(outside only), Homelands for each good and evil,advanced skills and spells, can solo xp or group xp, has battle grounds, newbie friendly, has gear from monster drops, pk lootable corpses,
guilds,clans,sects, multiclass ,gear saves on logout, ANSI color,

as much as i can remember if anything is needed let me know
Old 06-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
camlorn

camlorn is on a distinguished road

You've just described almost every single mud in existence. Not mushes/mucks, but muds. No kidding--all of them have about 3/4 of your features; even minimaps and automapping are standard these days. I only hesitate to say absolutely all because I'm not sure what a "battle grounds" or a "sect" is, especially what makes the latter different from clans or the former different from arenas, and because many muds don't have multiclassing. For what you sound like you'd want, try any of the smaug or diku muds; in general, the top 20 list here and the mud rankings on mudconnect will give you an idea what's good and active.
camlorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

Hi Ryanina!

If you are looking for some great roleplay along with your adventuring come visit New Worlds Ateraan. We have the following features to entice and make you come back and love text games again:The game is just frankly amazing.

We do not, however, offer realtime maps beyond what you find in a client program. Most our players find they are distracting to roleplay and make you feel like you are playing a cheap version of WoW.

Good Luck in your search Ryanina and welcome back to the true land of Fantasy!
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #6
dentin

Home MUD: Alter Aeon
dentin is on a distinguished road

Alter Aeon has pretty much everything you've asked for, except for lootable PK corpses and good/evil homelands. One thing that caught my eye was multiclassing - AA was designed from the ground up to be multiclass, and I dare say we do it better than a lot of other multiclass games.

Stop by and check us out - we have a custom client with a good, integrated mapper that does both indoor and outdoor maps.

-dentin

Alter Aeon MUD
dentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
Ryanina

Well, most of these muds DO have what i asked for but they also have roleplaying as encouraged or mandatory, ive never played a Roleplay mud in my life of mudding just flat out pk combat that was unrestricted and world pk.
So as far as i can tell from looking at the mud list i guess the type of mud im looking for no longer around anymore period.The other problem i ran into most of these newer muds do not work with my Mud client that i have used for years of my mudding, which was another frowner. Thanks for trying guys.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #8
dentin

Home MUD: Alter Aeon
dentin is on a distinguished road

Alter Aeon allows RP, but it's pretty rare and not in any way required. The open PK thing isn't going to happen though - we had permanent registration based pk for a few years, but it attracted a type of player I'm not interested in and caused more problems than it was worth.

If I'm not mistaken, you might be looking for GodWars II, or perhaps Arctic. Try looking those up on mudconnector and see if they fit your bill.

Good luck!

-dentin

Alter Aeon MUD
dentin is offline   Reply With Quote