Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 05-10-2005, 06:45 PM   #21
GuruPlayer

GuruPlayer is on a distinguished road
Kopribear, I'm not sure what you expected, a warm and fuzzy hug??? You have the "Achaea" snot rag hagging on your board signature...

Before you scold all of us "flamers" for not holding what the_logos says as sacred, try doing a little research...be informed...go to Google enter "Medievil code theft", read what you find...maybe you'll understand why respected mud owners like Molly O'Hara are so disgusted! I realize this probably happened while you were in diapers. So do some research!
GuruPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 07:10 PM   #22
Ilkidarios

Name: Lamont
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
Why doesn't everyone just give up, Synozeer has made his decision. You're not going to convince him to make Medievia go away. Just learn to accept its being here and you'll be better off.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 07:16 PM   #23
Kopribear

Kopribear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kopribear Send a message via MSN to Kopribear Send a message via Yahoo to Kopribear
I'll pretend to be offended. No I didn't expect a warm fuzzy hug, goodness gracious if I cared what anyone thought I wouldn't be posting on these forums. Nor do I think Matt is capable of always being right, etc, I just think he's funny. I also find humorus the way everyone takes themselves so seriously... and the way that, no matter how many times it's stated that what they're complaining about isn't going to change by them complaining, they continue the complaints!
As for the 'Achaea snotrag' comment... to each his own, I suppose. I like Achaea. Apparently you don't. Omigosh, a difference of opinion... and I'm NOT starting a flamewar about it! *feels revolutionary*
Anyway... I'm learning as I read. I'm sorry that my comments were actually consequential... because if they weren't, they obviously wouldn't be replied to. Everyone else gets to state their opinion, I just wanted to join in on the action. Having fun meeting you all.

By the way, KaVir, the fanboy cartoon could easily apply to you.... perhaps even moreso because I'm not a boy. ^_^

xoxoxo
Kopri
Kopribear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 07:56 PM   #24
Ilkidarios

Whoa, dude, I just spent about a half an hour looking through that list after you posted the link. That site is awesome!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:21 PM   #25
Kopribear

Kopribear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kopribear Send a message via MSN to Kopribear Send a message via Yahoo to Kopribear
*gigglefall* at least I'm not a member of a cult of cyber sisters...
Kopribear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 09:25 PM   #26
Ilkidarios

Hey look, it's a site about .
(no I'm not serious...)
Old 05-10-2005, 09:58 PM   #27
GuruPlayer

OOOOHHHH!!

Very scary, the_logos= Derek Smart v.2
Old 05-10-2005, 10:26 PM   #28
dragon master

dragon master is on a distinguished road
Or you could just google "Medievia", the third and fourth links should provide a good amount of information. Medievia has become so linked with code theft that saying "Medievia code theft" is quite redundant.

Anybody who actually supports Medievia in this argument is either morally impaired or ignorant of the truth. And this does not include Synozeer as he himself has stated that he doesn't like Medievia's code thievery but thought "the additional traffic Medievia would send would help all muds participating on the list".
dragon master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 10:51 PM   #29
Hardestadt

Hardestadt is on a distinguished road
Well, at least some good came from this. Molly left! No more conspiracy theories!

-H
Hardestadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 11:00 PM   #30
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Don't forget contributes the most traffic of anyone to the site! =)

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 11:06 PM   #31
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
But here's the thing, and I mean this with all due respect: Those making the outcry ARE the few. Look at the amount of traffic the site gets, and look at how many people have bothered posting their outrage. 10 or 15 people maybe, some of whom are the same ones who have been on this crusade fora decade? Achaea alone sends a couple hundred TMS users here every day, as does Aardwolf.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 02:08 AM   #32
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Bah, so what logos, and the scottish lost to the english why?
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 05:33 AM   #33
Sinuhe

Sinuhe is on a distinguished road
Sinuhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:51 AM   #34
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
Conversely, the people expressing support for Medievia are fewer, and all affiliated with IRE or Medievia itself. Hardestadt and others have never expressed a significant dissenting opinion to yours, Matt- I suspect they'd hear about it internally if they did. Team IRE is essentially one poster, plus a Kopribear.

The fact that a larger number of independent opinions are to the contrary suggests that there is significant disapproval of Synozeer's decision. And a number of them are longtime contributors to the site who provide the kind of content that helps draw regular readers such as myself. The future absence of Molly and others gives me less reason to stop, read, and discuss here.
Valg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 07:47 PM   #35
Ilkidarios

I believe that the term "sock puppet" is politically incorrect. We wouldn't want to offend Mr. Mihaly. The proper term is "free-will challenged" or "post monkey". Also "zombie" would work too, had it not been changed to "living-challenged flesh being".
Old 06-03-2005, 10:24 AM   #36
kaylus1

I had declined to comment thus far assuming that this, as always, would just end in a mindless bash. It obviously has, but I still couldn't stop myself from "beating a dead horse", it just needed to be said.

Let us get some facts straight before we start:

1] Unless Medievia have changed their code, I am NOT a supporter. I'm unsure where my opinion would lie if they have decided to replace their code as AFAIK the case law is nil on the subject. Even the link from Kavir about IP states that.

2] I am not a player of any games of the_logos, nor do I know Mr. Mihaly in any way other than his posts in this and other various forums.

3] I have been around the mudding community for quite a while, and this community in particular for longer than is apparent.

4] I agree with Kavir on quite a few things he says, though I disagree with his actions of late, on these forums. This is actually though symptomatic of a bigger problem in the mud community. This appears to happen over time to anybody who deals with the mud community for a long time.

"Those expressing [opinion] are [more/less]..."
-------------
This argument has been used on both sides of the table, using an appeal to popularity to gain respect for your cause proves nothing, and contributes nothing to the discussion.

"The fact that a larger number of independent opinions are to the contrary suggests that there is significant disapproval of Synozeer's decision."

Also due to the amount of emotion fired into attacking anyone with a viewpoint that differs from the political norm of these boards, many people (myself included) decide not to post in order to avoid a barrage of attacks, so I would have to say in this argument the sample of people is unrepresentative of the whole.

"[the_logos/kavir] is...."
-------------
For people whom i've seen, many times, call "LOGICAL FALLACY!" on each other I am amazed at the amount of personal attacks that go into each response, or the amount of logical fallacies that get thrown around. Yes, in debates where you are not searching for truth or proving a truth the art of sneaking in a fallacy works. With topics like this, it should not.

There is a reason that people don't "stop, read, contribute" here anymore. In my opinion, I would hasten to believe that it was because of the hostile atmosphere, and lack of signal.

"All the arguments are caused by the_logos!? Burn him!"
--------------
This is obviously not true, as evinced from this thread itself. [code] 1.Matt said he was immensely glad that synozeer wasn't singling out a mud
2.Kavir replied about blatant IP theft with his slippery pedophilia comment.
3.Kopri stated that it would appear to others that Kavir was blowing things out of proportion.
4.Matt replied, stating everyone knows his opinion, then saying that if he didn't like Synozeer's ruling he didn't have to stay. *
5.Kavir attacked Matt saying he was unwelcome and only was allowed around due to paying Synozeer.[/quote]
--------------
Anyone that attempts to argue a side that contrasts Kavir, and continues to do so is personally attacked, then everyone who feels froggy leaps into mindless "Me too." attacks. If the people here don't see this as detrimental then there is a large problem, though it seems from other posts that people realize it IS a detriment but can't force themselves not to attack "The next victim".

I saw really good arguments over the past couple of months ruined by attacking the person. Changing the subject and calling people mindless isn't an effective argument tool, but it has become one in these forums.

How has it become one?

People are unwilling to waste there time posting if their point is ignored in lieu of a "considering you apparently don't have any opinions of your own?"! This is an amazing hypocrisy, considering the majority of people on the anti-Med side of the argument have posted little to nothing of substance, which isn't saying opposite sides have posted substance. [NOTE: This is still in regards to THESE FORUMS, I am quite aware of everything Anti-Med]

Also the people on this board attempt to take a "For us - Or against us" stance. Anyone who disagrees with a statement is "Anti"-their issue, or "Pro"-their antagonist. This is obviously not logical and just another symptom of the society that has formed on these forums. Which is one thing I do agree with Matt on: his post about how dissenting opinions are treated in these forums.

In fact, alot of what I have seen has been attacks on the_logos, "You are mindless", attacks on people as parents, and comments about harming families. Even comparing Matt to Derek Smart, which shows a lack of knowledge. (all of these can be found in the last months threads)

I'm not asking you to attempt to coerce me with posts that "Prove Matt is the devil!#!!", i've seen him in action sometimes. Though other times it appears paranoia sets in and other people imagine things. Discounting someone because their opinion differs from yours on a regular basis is foolishness.

[In my own personal opinion, and with no relevance on this letter, I believe the FanBoy/Jerk apply just as much to Kavir and most others on -these forums-.]

"IRE is immoral"/"Code theft"
-------------
I don't know where this argument came in. I believe this was mainly due to people jumping in a conversation to "Me too" it, without double-checking their facts. IRE is well respected and as far as I know has done nothing immoral or illegal, regardless of an individuals personal opinion.

(Note: Subjectively this could be argued, some people tend to equate taking money for a service that they think should be free as immoral.)

Yui Unifex
-------------
I have seen some of the best retorts/arguments/statements/assertions come from this persons mouth, although instead of building fortresses of these stones that are put forth by Yui, they are only smashed down by "Shut up, dummy" statements. This is not saying that Yui supports me or my opinions, I just respect Yui.

Anyways, I had more to post but i've decided to take my kids to the beach instead.

Kaylus
Old 06-03-2005, 02:02 PM   #37
Hardestadt

My estimated time to someone calling kaylus a sockpuppet or a lapdog or a dummy account, despite all the contrary evidence: 8 posts.

I'm glad to see someone independant say what I've been saying for a while: That no matter what Matt does, the same people will choose to condemn him for it. Some people that have been on the bandwagon in the past, and now have dared actually support him in something.. get called lapdogs.

Some of the things I've seen posted have been utterly deranged, such as people flaming Matt when he announced that a portion of the proceeds from IRE would be going to charity. To me, the people complaining that Matt is killing these boards are the ones who are ultimately doing all the harm - as it is they who derail 90% of the threads after there is some sort of IRE involvement.

Can't we all just get along, and focus on actual development topics instead of this sordid soap opera?

-H
Old 06-03-2005, 06:05 PM   #38
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Not if you keep dropping flame-bait into the thread, no.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 12:00 AM   #39
Hardestadt

Old 06-04-2005, 02:30 AM   #40
GuruPlayer

All you anti-flamers that heep b*tchin', are keeping these flames alive!  This was a dead thread until Kaylus decided to add his two cents. QUIT EFFIN' POSTING & the threads you hate will die!

Some direct questions for Synozeer and Medievia - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Two Questions Dovolente Tavern of the Blue Hand 9 07-03-2006 10:54 PM
Synozeer, please moderate the reviews. GuruPlayer Tavern of the Blue Hand 28 05-21-2005 03:17 PM
Should Synozeer, remove the stars? Xanferious Tavern of the Blue Hand 9 05-17-2002 11:39 PM
Should Synozeer, start policing the forums again Xanferious Tavern of the Blue Hand 14 05-10-2002 07:46 PM
Open letter to Synozeer Koryon Bugs and Suggestions 1 05-01-2002 11:32 PM