Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 08-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
Prufrock

Prufrock is on a distinguished road
Looking For New Mud Home

I used to play MUDs in highschool and college, and recently I discovered the MUD that I called home is no more

It made me sad to think of all the good times and friends I made were now gone. Overcome with a sense of nostalgia, I am now searching for a new MUD to play again.

The most important quality of the MUD is that it should have a friendly, cordial atmosphere with people chatting and interacting. RP would be fun, but I would prefer it not strictly enforced all the time. In terms of game mechanics, I enjoy hack 'n slash with lots of character building and equipment gathering - nothing too complicated. Being able to group with other players to accomplish goals would be a major plus.

If anybody knows of any MUDs (there is such a dizzying array to choose from!) like this please send a reply.

I look forward to your responses and thanks for reading!

P
Prufrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
ww_crimson

Home MUD: Aarchon
ww_crimson is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking For New Mud Home

I try to only plug Aarchon when it seems to really suit what a player wants, and I think we're a perfect fit here. The community is exceptional and I sincerely believe you'll never feel like your presence isn't welcome or that you're asking too many questions.

We allow RP but don't really have any players involved in it at this time. We run our global quests with an RP element and each area has a small RP theme.

We're a primarily hack and slash MUD, although some equipment runs and the remorts are puzzle based (they include hack and slash of course).

You can play Aarchon solo although you'll benefit from grouping, and some equipment runs are impossible to complete without a group. We've had a large influx of new players lately so finding a group of people in your level range should be easy.

Come check us out. If you don't like what you see, I'd love to get your feedback on what we could improve upon.

-Astark
: 7000
ww_crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
dentin

Home MUD: Alter Aeon
dentin is on a distinguished road

Prufrock,

You may want to give Alter Aeon a try. We're one of the bigger muds out there, and we encourage the social environment by giving players the ability to create their own discussion channels, their own clans, set up pvp arenas, group together, compete for achievements, and more.

Regarding character building, equipment gathering, and customization, Alter Aeon is definitely the right place. The class system is multiclass, where leveling a class simply unlocks the skills and spells available for that class. Most people pick a particular playing style from one or two classes, and learn a small number of support spells and skills from other classes to round it out. There are a huge number of available combinations, pretty much all of which are viable and playable. At higher levels, you can go for completeness and try to learn every spell and skill available to your levels. You can also restart your character and start over as something else, or just change direction - it's impossible to permanently screw up your character.

Equipment ranges from the ordinary to the exotic - there are rare and artifact items which are typically the most powerful in an area, one of a kind/unique random items, binding equipment, permaspell equipment, and much more! To help you find stuff, there are donation rooms and at higher levels, player shops and an auction channel. The equipment is very well balanced and fun to collect, and there are many options for storing, sorting, organizing, and helping you create equipment sets that are quick to change into and out of.

There's a lot more to the game than this, including an extensive quest system, automatic notifications to help with safe exploring, and a top-notch new player starting zone.

We hope to see you there!

-dentin

Alter Aeon MUD
dentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

My recommendations in no particular order for what you are seeking are the following. They all have a smattering of RP but not enforced and some great hack and slash and good communities:
If you eventually want to get into some serious intense roleplay then I would suggest:

Threshold at
or
Ateraan at

Good luck and have fun!
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote