Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 02-01-2004, 08:15 AM   #1
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
You all DO realize that the review section is for REVIEWs and not for discussions right? Or arguements, or flames, etc. etc...

Of course, if you do, then you're intentionally violating both the rules and the spirit of Synozeer's review section. Every time you post a rebuttal (if you could even call the flamewars that), you're bumping the game you hate so much up to the top of the reviews list.

The discussion board (this part of the website that you're reading now) is for discussions. If you look in the category "Tavern of the Blue Hand" you'll see there's even a handy-dandy topic called FLAMES. Have at it there, to your heart's content. That's what it's for.

Just please keep your crap out of the reviews section. It doesn't belong there. People don't read the reviews section to find out that the reason you wrote a bad review was that you were banned. And people don't read that section because they want to know that "you know for a fact" that the IMM only created the mud so he could cheat.

If you don't know what a review is, do everyone and yourself a favor and look it up on google. Or heck - read the FAQ right here on this website. Just can it with the flamewars up there will ya? You do no one a service. Not the game, not the IMMs, and certainly not yourself. You just end up making yourself look like a whiney spoiled little brat. That goes for all of you who are involved - the imm, the player, the ex-player.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 10:01 AM   #2
Aardwolf

Aardwolf is on a distinguished road
Who exactly are you talking to? I'm going to separate ourselves from Age of Darkness here because the admin of that mud clearly has responded to 'flame' reviews with his own 'review'. No Aardwolf imm has responded to reviews on here and no Aardwolf player has ever been *asked* to post a review or comment on Aardwolf either way. In fact, we made a point of not even responding to review flames in the forums, let alone with other review entries.

I completely agree with your observation of the reviews being garbage and in fact already asked Synozeer to purge all of the Aardwolf "reviews" at which point we will flag ourselves no review. In the meantime, direct your hostility to the appopriate place and don't just assume that we support that behavior!
Aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 10:49 AM   #3
Jazuela

My "hostility" as you call it is directed to "whoever is guilty of doing what I'm saying they're doing." In the Aardwolf review thing, there's players going back and forth *discussing* stuff in a place that is designated for reviews, not discussion. In the case of Aardwolf, my comment about the IMMs participation obviously doesn't apply, and so you needn't take issue to it.

The issue is about people - all kinds of people, and most recently in the two games I listed, posting things in the reviews section that don't belong there.

I didn't feel like writing a separate note to the people doing this in Aardwolf, excluding -only- those references to the IMMs and otherwise duplicating the entire note word for word.

That would've been redundant, silly, and a waste of file space, and I'm sure I would've gotten trashed for it.

Again - if it doesn't apply to you personally, then don't take it personally. The people who have violated the rules and the spirit of the review process know that I'm talking about them. If you confuse yourself with that group of people, I apologize.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:56 PM   #4
aodmud

aodmud is on a distinguished road
aodmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 03:56 PM   #5
aodmud

aodmud is on a distinguished road
Re: your statements.

I never posted a flaming review, I posted a civilised rebuttal, and I have never tried to bring my mud to the "Top of the review list", Heck i'd rather not have it on there.

I've recently had problems with imms that I fired when they were caught cheating.  Now I'm simply going to remove the Review section altogether like Materiamagica, because in all honesty, the reviews are just flames by people who got banned or imms who were fired when they cheated...

Sorry if you feel I was trying to bump my mud up to the top, I was simply arguing a false accusation and trying to be heard.

-Demiscus
aodmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 05:03 PM   #6
Jazuela

aodmud, what part of this are you having trouble understanding?

There are two different muds that have recently been at the top 5 reviews on the review list over the past two weeks. One of them has been nothing more than arguements between disgruntled players and staff members. Another one has been almost exclusively various players arguing amongst themselves.

One mud = one set of issues
Another mud = another set of issues

Both muds = posts in the reviews section that don't belong in the reviews section.

My thread here = a complaint about each one, because both are equally inappropriate for the same reasons.

If you belong to the set called "another mud = another set of issues" then you can feel confident that I am not including you personally in this complaint.

If you belong to the set called "One mud = one set of issues" then yeah, I'm talking to you.

You decide which mud of the two I'm complaining about and draw your own conclusions. Is it really that difficult? Or are you intentionally being obtuse?

Edited to add: IF you posted a rebuttal *IN THE REVIEWS SECTION* then you would fall into the "One mud = one set of issues" category. I'll repeat part of that sentence: IF...THEN. It's a common mathematical phrase, surely you would recognize the concept of the IF/THEN statement. Rebuttals to reviews belong here in the forum, not in the reviews section. IF you did -not- post a rebuttal in the reviews section, then I refer you back to the category called "Another mud = another set of issues."
Old 02-25-2004, 08:33 AM   #7
Rundvelt

Rundvelt is on a distinguished road
Angry

Why don't you let the server admin make the descisions on what is acceptable here? That way you don't have to worry about complaining and I don't have to read your rants.

Ok? Thanks.

Rundvelt
"Why won't people grow up?"
Rundvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 09:31 AM   #8
Deathwing

Deathwing is on a distinguished road
Generally it's considered rude and/or very unproductive to bump posts up like that, Rundvelt, especially after over 3 weeks.

Both MUDs no longer accept reviews, and have not for almost a month now, so this issue is closed.
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote

Age of Darkness, Aardwolf - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aardwolf presents - Aardwolf Hold'em! Filt MUD Announcements 0 09-05-2005 05:34 PM
Last Review for Age of Darkness aodmud Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 01-30-2004 01:09 PM
New Age of Darkness MUD Website Advertising for Players 7 01-13-2004 03:11 PM
New Option in Age of Darkness! Advertising for Players 0 01-02-2004 11:46 AM
Age of Darkness MUD Advertising for Players 1 12-30-2003 01:03 PM