Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 06-07-2012, 01:35 AM   #1
kellan

kellan is on a distinguished road
Very bored

Well...

I play NWA daily and its a great MUD I love it and my character there but I need something else on the side.

I'm sure there's a ton of MUDs out there that are great, my problem is getting started in one. I need something pretty simple to get started in but.. perhaps a little unique in its starting also? I have tried so many already that if it doesn't catch me then i'm just going to end up closing it back out... I prefer at least Restricted PK and some RP is great unless its just a fun MUD to play without the RP... that's okay too. I don't have many specifics here because I'm ready for something new and exciting! Whatever that might be. Uhmmm if you all need some thing else I'll try to put something but, for now... I'm almost open for anything so long as I can get into it.
kellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
dentin

Home MUD: Alter Aeon
dentin is on a distinguished road
Re: Very bored

You may want to give Alter Aeon a try. PK is restricted but there's very little RP. We've been up for 17 years now, so the server, playerbase, and areas are solid. The game is multiclass and set up to let you build some pretty interesting combinations.

If you do try it out, I'd recommend you use our custom client. The built in mapper makes a huge difference.

-dentin

Alter Aeon MUD
dentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough

I used to play NWA nearly daily, myself, but just can't get into a mud like that any more, where you pretty much have to play every day to stay abreast of everything. (The other players seriously all play daily, and all expect you to do the same.) While I eventually got tired of this game, I played for awhile, because I used to be a little bit of a Final Fantasy nut. It's still partially in development, so the RP scene isn't live and official yet, but you can find a little RP there, and the gameplay's fun and different.

Honestly, given how much you like NWA, I think what you really need is another character there, just as a change of pace. See if you can't get involved with different circles and different people, and since you already have a main character, don't even worry about leveling up or chasing down gear unless you feel like it. You like the NWA RP, you like the NWA game, so explore a different aspect of it.
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
Ghostcat

Home MUD: Unwritten Legends
Ghostcat is on a distinguished road

Unless something has changed, NWA only allows one character per person.

You could try unwritten legends. It's a Roleplay Required at the very least, and the RP is rather less hectic to keep track of. It's regrettably hard to get used to though. Large areas with a lot of non-compass navigation for example.

Oh, and PK is restricted by RP and almost never happens. The rare people that kill other people tend to get arrested and put on trial.

The combat is far more interactive and varied, and even if you do get killed, you don't lose anything beyond your experience buffer and some time while you recover.

Once you get used to it, the game is amazing though!

Ghostcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
camlorn

camlorn is on a distinguished road

For something with rp and uniqueness, try Clok. It's beta, so do be aware of that, but fun all the same.

I've been playing 6 dragons recently (6dragons.org is the website, don't know the port atm) and it's a decent hack and slash mud. It's got unique skills and spells, and the quest system isn't the typical fair for a smaug. It's got anywhere from 1 to 8-10 players on at any given time and has been a fun diversion for the last couple weeks.
camlorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
kellan

kellan is on a distinguished road

Hi all.

Actually NWA lets you have a 2nd character if your first meets the level restriction to have one and if you follow the rules for a second character. But I've tried to make another there and either its too difficult to keep up with both the RP for them or for me I just get so overwhelmed with how much you have to do to advance your character on there that I eventually just go back to my main anyway!

But - I have downloaded Alter Aeon's custom client and checking it out! Its very nice so far and I'm having fun so we will see if I can last there. So far the starting is easy, smooth, unique compared to some that I've tried. I'm a level 7 Necromancer already! Woot!

Thanks for the other suggestions and I may try them out too sometime
kellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:53 PM   #7
blackmojo

blackmojo is on a distinguished road

check out legendmud.org port 9999 it all of what you wanted in your post .
blackmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #8
Tristan1992

Home MUD: GateWay
Home MUD: Rocky
Home MUD: MUME
Tristan1992 is on a distinguished road

Hmmm you might like GateWay. It's just like you describe, "I prefer at least Restricted PK and some RP". It's quite simple to start too, pick a race (doesn't matter too much) and pick up the free newbie eq and have Contar teleport you to any area you like. The MUD has depth too but that comes later if you stick around.
Tristan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote