Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Administration
Click here to Register

Old 04-17-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
wolfpaw

wolfpaw is on a distinguished road
I thought this would be an interesting read for people here that don't frequent TMC. Its what happens when someones brain melts..

Really kinda sad.
-D.
wolfpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:37 PM   #2
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Yikes. That's incredible.

My impression of Mudmagic was pretty much irreversibly made negative after he banned all of your (Wolfpaws) clients' emails from reaching people hosted via Mudmagic because he was upset at you. It is not acceptable to abuse your own customers to further a personal grudge. We were talking to someone about hiring him (and were hosted with Wolfpaw at that point) and wondered why the guy just stopped replying. We almost wrote him off in fact, but it turned out it was just Kyndig, screwing over his own customers. Almost cost one of his own customers a job offer just to further a personal vendetta that had nothing to do with either us or with his customers.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 03:16 PM   #3
DonathinFrye

Name: Donathin Frye
Home MUD: Optional Realities
Home MUD: Atonement RPI
Home MUD: Project Redshift
DonathinFrye is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DonathinFrye
Ironic - when I first clicked on this thread, I had assumed it would be about some of the recent moderation here. However, in response to the rather long flame-war over on TMC(that I'd already read a few days ago), I'll say this;

It looks like a simple case of two people who are hot-headed crashing heads one too many times, and the one that holds administration power winning. It is definitely not the large deal it is being made out to be(first we talk about Tyche being banned from MudMagic in the TMC forum and then when it dies down, it moves here to the TMS forum? Not necessary.)

I'm not trying to defend Kyndig and say that it is Tyche's fault and that things like this happen with Tyche all the time(or vice-versa). Infact, I like hot-heads, they are more passionate than others and typically have strong ethics - they just lack the most positive way to express themselves. If you adjust the way you look at them, it really isn't that big of an issue.
DonathinFrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 03:30 PM   #4
wolfpaw

wolfpaw is on a distinguished road
I think the point of the thread is more then Tyche, its about the other 5 or so folks that got banned for speaking about things Calvin didn't like (including me, and I didn't even post anything on his site), and the fact he even removed the flames board because he didn't like what it said. That is what it was about. I'm not so sure its died down either. I've been getting quite a bit of email about it - which is why I posted it here. Seems to interest folks - I dunno.

-D.
wolfpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:16 PM   #5
Zeno

Home MUD: Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
Zeno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zeno Send a message via MSN to Zeno Send a message via Yahoo to Zeno
There's nothing simple about it. It may have started with that, but in the end what Kyndig has done is off the wall. I'm involved for no reason, for example.
Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:07 PM   #6
DonathinFrye

Has anyone offered to moderate for the situation? Forums are not the best place to kill flame wars and settle issues like this unfortunately - if there is a need for a neutral party to moderate, I offer my services. I'm quite good at it.

If the parties involved are willing.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:19 PM   #7
Zeno

Home MUD: Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
Zeno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zeno Send a message via MSN to Zeno Send a message via Yahoo to Zeno
No one has offered that.

I've tried to personally reason with Kyndig and gotten no responses. This was before the thread on TMC. I do not think he would be interested. And since this has revealed Kyndig's true nature, I do not think I'd be interested either.
Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:55 PM   #8
DonathinFrye

No one's true nature is black and white - and there are far worse sharks in the MUD community pool than Kyndig of MudMagic, trust me. But again, it's up to you guys, if you want a moderator and to work things out, I'm willing.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:08 AM   #9
Shane

Shane is on a distinguished road
Heh.

Well, it was pretty slight provocation for a banning, but that sort of thing is absolutely rampant in muds and has been for ages, though perhaps the particular mud in question is larger than the typical dictator-run tub-mud.

But no, I have logs of admin abuse from a game I used to play that make that look like a lovers' quarrel.

I just realized it was not a mud... okay, that is a little more bizarre... *doh*
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote

Censorship in the Mud Community - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Community suggestions Davairus Bugs and Suggestions 11 06-20-2005 10:53 PM
Looking fer Community(long) Prufrock Advertising for Players 13 07-05-2004 12:45 PM
Greetings, MUD Community Almondine War Introduce Yourself 1 02-18-2003 06:37 PM
Community forming Dre Advanced MUD Concepts 2 06-17-2002 03:19 AM
censorship Kyandra Tavern of the Blue Hand 1 05-10-2002 08:58 PM