Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 02-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #21
Borsk

Borsk is on a distinguished road
Re: Stay away from Star Wars Revenge of the Jedi MUD

Don't let Marky try to lie to you folks. No one was cussed out by me what so ever. In fact it was the other way around, Marky here believes he can get away with cussing out whomever he wants, on public channels or in private just because he feels he is one of the Admins for this game. The evidence is clear just by one of the small conversations I copied and pasted for all to see.
Borsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #22
Borsk

And in response to your post Threshold, I don't believe I am trashing the game in anyway possible. As a matter of fact I loved the game, one of my favorite text-based games. I just believe that I was treated unfairly in this incident and honestly there isn't much I can do about within the confines of the game itself due to the fact that when I try to sign on I am immediately harassed. I tried to talk to another Admin about it but basically he/she said the same thing "nothing I can do." So with that being said I decided to warn the fellow gamers of this Virus plaguing this wonderful game.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #23
Darren Brimhall

Darren Brimhall is on a distinguished road

My advice would be to go through your logs, and catagorise every abuseive incident before sending it all off to those who run the game, or its Custome Service division, or just send it off to Lucus Arts saying that this is happening in a 'Star Wars' game.

Not that it will work. It might work for you. or it might work in ways you haven't antcipated.
But if the Game in question has a data dump that records everything, have your logs verified against it will be a huge plus in your favor.

Darren Brimhall
Darren Brimhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #24
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak

Whatever happened to the good old days where old disgruntled players of muds just flooded the the games forums with spam or began a relentless attack by creating tons of PCs to ruin others fun?
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:32 PM   #25
Darren Brimhall

No satifaction in it, i guess.

Darren Brimhall
Old 02-03-2012, 01:21 AM   #26
Borsk

It's not really worth it Darren I appreciate the help though. Honestly to see that Marky, in his desperation to show his butt creates an account to throw in some snide remarks, to try to say that I am the one with "behavioral issues" and to also see that other players are posting about his attitude on here as well has proven to me that this thread has done more than what I had even hoped. Whenever one goes to research this mud and types in Star Wars Revenge of the Jedi on google, yahoo, etc..my thread will be right there for everyone to see. Cheers!

Last edited by Borsk : 02-03-2012 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #27
Darren Brimhall

I have the same problem with Castle Marrach.

However, I keep my logs because I know members of the original staff will come looking for me--quite possibly after Eternea launches. When we speak is when I'll explain myself and hand the logs over, because I have the feeling that those who've caused Ambra and myself to leave are very well known to the old crew for how they treated other players. That's the indication I've been getting from the former players I work with.

However, I must point out that your thread may either be removed--or worse, ignored by possible players to the game. As I have mentioned in Marrach's early days We (the players and staff) sell the Game. If Marky acts as you claim, then the Game suffers as other players there echo your sentaments on other boards and to their friends as well.

But, if Marky doesn't act like that, you have the problem of proving your assertions to anyone.

Well, best of luck to you...

Darren Brimhall
Old 02-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #28
DBIADB

DBIADB is on a distinguished road

DBIADB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #29
Odd Raven

Home MUD: Arantha
Odd Raven is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Odd Raven

I have no idea what that forum was properly about, but I know I found so much humor in it. I appreciate your post.
Odd Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:27 AM   #30
GickerLDS

GickerLDS is on a distinguished road

I'm a little late to the party, but was waiting for my user to be approved here. I found this thread when doing a search for star wars muds, to see if our own mud web site was being ranked or not.

I'm not going to comment on whether what you say is true about Marky or not, except to say that I don't think it's unreasonable to assume you are being truthful, especially seeing Marky's response and comparing it to behavior of other problem Admins I've known over almost two decades of mudding.

Regardless of what the truth is, you're obviously not happy at RotJ. That's why I want to post.

About a month and a half ago I started a new Star Wars MUD using my d20 MUD code base that I had previously used and developed for 7 years prior. I've been giving almost my full attention to the new Star Wars version, and the project is really taking off. We have a small playerbase peaking around 7-8 people online a couple of times a day, and everyone gets along really well. We are currently running a player survey, and so far 9 people have responded. I exported the results so you could take a look . We had some questions about our community. The main ones I want to bring to light are how players treat other players ooc, and how staff treat players. Both scored an average score of 4.71 out of 5, with no answer below 4.

The MUD builds upon 7 years of development on the d20MUD code base. If you played the Bioware KotoR games, you will notice a similar feel to the character progression system. There are feats, skills, force powers, class feats and talents, and a menu based levelling system so everything is always in front of you.

We have an account system with unlockable rewards from role playing, pvping or helping out lower level players, wherein you can unlock advanced classes, races and other goodies for your entire account by doing the above mentioned things.

We have a role play rewards system that is automated, wherein you can level up just by role playing, as well as unlock bonuses for that character to exp gains, gold gains, and some other types of point gains.

We have a taxi and shuttle system for moving about the galaxy, with phase I of our space system coming in the next week or two. The space system will not be a clone of SWR systems, and will include NPC combat, just like ground combat, wherein you can get loot for your ship and level up your character in space instead of on the ground. Piloting is a skill that any class can have, not a class in and of itself.

We have 6 basic classes, force adept, squad leader, scoundrel, scout, soldier and trader. A pretty good crafting system that allows for the creation of items with custom stats and descriptions. We have multiclassing so you can spread out your levels among different classes if you want, maximum of 3 classes per character. We have 30 levels with continued progression at level 30.

Even though we've only been open for about 6 weeks now, we're probably more feature rich, code wise, than most other muds out there period. Our world is small, but growing, with a new zone coming in almost every week.

If you're still looking for a new MUD to play, it's worth stopping by and giving us a try. We are busiest player base wise in late afternoon and early to mid evening. As late evening rolls around people tend to start logging off.

The web site is and the connection info starwars.d20mud.com port 6000.

I am known as Gicker on the MUD and am the Owner and lead developer. We'd love to have you and your friends join us. Either way, take care, and good luck in your endeavours.

All the best,

Gicker
GickerLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #31
Dvinn

Dvinn is on a distinguished road

I second the OP. I've played this MUD on and off since the late 90s. Ever since Rial (ex-coder) left a few years ago, this MUD has been sort of a ego-centric mess when dealing with the staff. I have a bunch of close friends that still play there off and on and they feel the same way. They hand out bans for simply disagreeing with them. I wouldn't recommend anyone wasting time here as you will be playing in a negative environment. Being insulted by Marky (current lead coder), specifically, is commonplace - for noobs and veterans alike.
Dvinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #32
Borsk

I am so glad to see other people chiming in about the troubles they had on this MUD specifically with Marky. Maybe if enough people contribute, it will be brought to the administrations attention and they will put a muzzle on this dog if they haven't already. Obviously, with Marky posting here, they know of its existence.