Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 01-25-2005, 09:04 PM   #1
Luthien

Home MUD: The Sea of Storms
Luthien is on a distinguished road
I'm quite enamored of where I am, but we don't have the pbase right now, so I'm looking for another place to take some of that time.

I'm looking for a place which is RP Encouraged. Well, basically some place where RP is most of what people are there for, but it's not all there is to the game. I'd like a relaxed atmosphere and have things feel OOC welcoming too. This might include a good balance of ic/ooc, code/rp.

Just as important...I don't want to have to deal with the annoyance of levels. There are a lot of MUDs out there which claim to be level-less, but aren't. No pretenders, please.

As to classes/skills..just hopefully something not needlessly complicated.

Setting isn't too important, Clans are a hefty plus.

I would prefer a place without an extended race selection, though if the rest were there it could be overlooked.

I haven't been able to find a place like this myself, so I'm asking for some help.

Don't have a place like this yet but are working on one and want some help? I might be able to lend a hand (admin, coding, etc).
Luthien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:14 PM   #2
Realedazed

Home MUD: Armageddon
Home MUD: Harshlands
Home MUD: DartMUD
Realedazed is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Realedazed Send a message via Yahoo to Realedazed
Well here's my list. I reread your post and added a few games. I left the others there, just in case though)

Adventures Unlimited:
Cool game. Theres a nice RP community there as well as quests and stuff.
au.betterbox.net:5000

4 Dimensions
This game is pretty fun. I played a while ago and enjoyed myself. I might head over there again, since I see they have player housing. I didn't to any RP when I played, but I think there is a nice little RP community there.
4dimensions.mud-puddle.net:6000

New Worlds:
I liked it here. Nice players and staff. There's global chatting, a nice backstory and nice RP. This game has levels, but you get XP from RPing. One guy I talked to says he's never slayed a mob and he advances very nicely.

Shadows of Isildur:
A very nice RPI which is level less, of course. You can be anything from a cook to a warrior, whatever. I highly suggest, especially if you are into Tolkien's works. No global chats, but very helpful staff, help files and player base on the forums.
middle-earth.us:23

Shadow Seige:
Another good one. When I play, I think of SoI with global chats. Very relaxed RP. Its level-less and classless. Lots of crafting, magic and demon! Also a nice backstory about the last surviving city after a cataclysmic event. I don't think its on TopMuds list though, but you can find info on the site or on MudConnector.

shadowsiege.com:4080

And my favorite:
Armageddon:
Fun, but harsh. There's no global chats, but a very helpful community on the discussion boards and a list of helpers that you can email or IM. There are crafts, hunting and more. Check it out.

ginka.armageddon.org 4050
Realedazed is offline   Reply With Quote