Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Introduce Yourself
Click here to Register

Old 05-13-2009, 04:19 AM   #1
tarkus

tarkus is on a distinguished road
Ello Guvner's

Hrmm bout me, old time mudder, I am 50 with grandkids, been loyal to one mud the last 11 years but sadly the playerbase has dwindled to next to nothing. Been following TMS the last 5 years or so and figured it was time to join. Not a coder, not a builder. Love to fish and of course like all recreational fisherman like my cold refreshments, then after the sun goes down like to get on a mud. Looking for a new home I guess is why I am here, would like a overhead map, restricted PK, (Only have full use of one arm so reaction time is a little slow for pk) not rp enforced, active playerbase and Imm's . kinda picky I know but its hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Any pointers would be appreaciated.

Thanks

Tarkus
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Re: Ello Guvner's

Hey, Tarkus, welcome to TMS. Good luck hunting down your new home!
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:28 AM   #3
Big Grig

Home MUD: http://www.timesmud.com/ - timesmud.com:8500
Big Grig is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Big Grig
Cool Re: Ello Guvner's

Hello Tarkus,

Welcome to the forums, there are a lot of resources here that I personally really enjoy. I'm sure you will find exactly what you are looking for.

I play at a great MUD called Medieval Times MUD, and have been doing so for the past 12 years. I think you might find it to be the MUD you are looking for.

Well, you said you are looking for a MUD with an overhead map, we have that feature available. It's a command called Survey and you can toggle it on and off by typing "autosurvey".

You also stated that you were looking for restricted Player Killing, we also provide that option. You can permanently toggle a (PK) flag by typing "PK please". Once someone types "PK please" there is no turning back and you are forever branded as a Player Killer. However, we do offer access to free arenas across the land if you feel like dabbling in a bit of Player Killing. It would be at that point totally consensual Player Killing without any adverse consequences. We all have Immortal hosted arenas where there can be a betting pool started and the winner of the arena is rewarded with gold or potions.

Role playing is totally optional, and if you feel like doing it, there are some players that would be happy to participate.

There is a very active Immortal staff at Medieval Times MUD and you can see a list of them at: .

It would be great to see you take some time and check us out, I am confident that you will not be disappointed. If you want, you can check out my promotion post here: .

If Medieval Times MUD is not the place for you, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Take it easy!

-G
- 213.186.62.210 : 8500 -
Big Grig is offline   Reply With Quote