Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > MUD Announcements
Click here to Register

Old 01-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
dentin

Home MUD: Alter Aeon
dentin is on a distinguished road
Alter Aeon 18th Anniversary

The official 18th anniversary of Alter Aeon is the 15th of January, and we'll be having several days of events this year:

Starting Tuesday, January 15th, I'll be leading a handful of tours and death marches for anyone who wants to join. I'll be picking zones I'm familiar with and know some history on, and we may have some other gods willing to tell stories about their areas as well.

Starting Wednesday, we'll be running the 1995 version of the game server on port 4000. I'm going to leave it up for a week to allow people to explore and run some leveling contests.

At the end of the week, we'll be running a three day event with pieces of the main storyline on each of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The theme for this year is 'frost demon storm', with merely continent wide destruction instead of the universe ending peril of previous years.

We hope to see you there!

-dentin

Alter Aeon MUD
dentin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
Milawe

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Home MUD: Stash
Home MUD: Archons of Avenshar
Milawe has a spectacular aura aboutMilawe has a spectacular aura about
Re: Alter Aeon 18th Anniversary

Congratulations to you guys, Dentin!!!
Milawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:53 AM   #3
dentin

As an update to the Alter Aeon anniversary celebration, here's the schedule for the next two days:

Tuesday, Jan 15 - Old area tours

Dentin (and possibly other gods) will be running tours of some older areas, complete with many monster killings and color commentary. The tour schedule is:

10 am PST - Fire World of Khinzhai, all levels except the surface

1 pm PST - Wyvren's Hell, a very old offline area

4 pm PST - Kefka's Castle Dragnok

7 pm PST - Abyrimoch and some areas under Dentin's Moria

10 pm PST - Kefka's haunted mansion

Wednesday, Jan 16 - 1995 server version contests

The 1995 server version will be started around 10:00 am PST, and the various contest types will be announced and posted at 12:00 pm PST.

The most up to date schedule can be found in-game with the 'show event' command. Thanks go out to all the players and builders who helped keep the game running for nearly two decades!
Old 01-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
dentin

The 18th anniversary events are finally all completed, and I'd like to thank everyone for participating as well as give a rundown of all six days of events:

- The Tuesday area marches went really well, and I got to play tour guide for several areas nearly two decades old.

- The contests on the 1995 server port were a real hit, with a lot of people trying it out (and a lot of people giving up.) As old and crusty as the original version of AA was, it really was a great game to start from and build on.

- Scribe and Grolantor's expansion to their woodland retreat has been very popular, with people still trying to work their way through all the details and deeds.

The main event ran across all three days from Friday to Sunday, ending with a massive assault upon the ice fortress to banish the invading frost demon. In the course of their victory, the players had to regain knowledge of an ancient, lost wardbreaking spell, which is now a permanent addition to the game.

Here's to another year of Alter Aeon!

Alter Aeon MUD
Old 01-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #5
dentin

The final writeup of the Alter Aeon anniversary events for this year can be found at:

See you for next year's events!