Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 08-23-2003, 07:20 PM   #1
Shlim

Shlim is on a distinguished road
I have been looking for a good mud for a while now, but all of them had something that just made me want to leave. I am looking for a mud that has as many of these qualitys as possible.

-NO pay-per-play
-easy to start and get into
-has good magic races/classes
-good help files
-not too few/too many players
-any other features

If anyone knows of a mud like this please tell me, I would be most greatfull. I hope I got this on the right board.
Shlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2003, 08:37 PM   #2
Valg

Home MUD: Carrion Fields
Valg will become famous soon enough
1) Carrion Fields is 100% free.  That means no "special" equipment or quality of service with fees attached.  Don't be fooled by quasi-free MUDs that don't charge you on the first day, but require fees to access all features or enter their "Special Club", yet designate themselves as "free".  By "free" we mean "free".

2) Over 1000 player-viewable helpfiles, dedicated areas/channel/etc. for teaching the game, updated website, etc.  It's a complex game with a huge volume of code behind it, but we do what we can to make jumping on board simple.

3) More spells/communes/etc. than you can shake a stick at.  Counting customized ones available through quests or items, pushing 1000.

4) Peak volume tends to run around 100.  In the middle of the night (U.S. CST) that dips to roughly 30.   I don't know if that is "too big" or "too small", but that's what we are.

5) Far too many other features.  Carrion Fields has a staff of around 30, and has been up for over 9 years.  In that much time, one accumulates a lot of depth.

Valg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 05:32 PM   #3
shadowfyr

shadowfyr will become famous soon enough
shadowfyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:00 PM   #4
Nyril

I might suggest Turning Point

mud.tp.org 9999

Chargen is a piece of cake, all you get is name race gender ethos and password.

Once in the game you train the guild you want (At any of the trainers), and you can look at the skill/spell lists and trade if you're not happy.

Its totally free, gains arn't based on stats (so not having the right equipment at the start won't make you uber weak because of poor hp and practice rolls), and the magical classes get some power behind them once you get a few levels under your belt.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:34 AM   #5
Enzo

Enzo is on a distinguished road
I'm not going to spam you with a bunch of reasons why The Pattern's End is cool, but I think it fits to the requirements you said.

for more information.

patterns.betterbox.net port:9000 for connection
Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 01:53 PM   #6
Albus

Albus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Albus Send a message via AIM to Albus Send a message via MSN to Albus Send a message via Yahoo to Albus
Heya,  

HexOnyx has been around for aboout 11 years now.  It doesn't cost to play hex; we don't even charge you rent for your equptment.  

Grab me online if you see me.  I go by Albus there as well.  I'll walk you through the game personally and set you up on a possiblity of 2 mini missions (1st for 3 levels; 2nd for a nice weapon).  

We offer 5 classes, mage, monk, cleric, thief and warrior.  We have a tri-class system which means you can earn the skills of up to 3 classes before your char is complete.  You can also train/untrain your stats to further make your character unique.

I take pride in our help files as I've thrown a lot of work into them personally.  If you cannot find one, I'll create one within a day.  Our areas files work like help files, they can be searched according to timezone, level range and author - plus you can just view an individual areas file for general directions and background information.

Our pbase maxes at around 25 in the u.s. evening but drops down to 5 in the early u.s. morning.  September is pbase promotion month which means we'll be having lots of events including 4 bonus days (1@50% xp bonus, 1@50% regen bonux, 1@50% damage bonus and 1@50% load rate bonus) as well as treasure hunts and writing contests, a lottery and more.

Other features we have to boast of:  a large world with mostly original zones and extensive use of dg scripts spread over three timezones,  quest zones, rumble zones, 100% original clan code, customized private channels, grouping bonuses, quests, events calendar, mort-based newspaper and more.

If this sounds like something you're interested in you can find us at 7777

Hope to see you there,

-Albus, Co-Implementor
HexOnyx Mud
Albus is offline   Reply With Quote